SW Freeway closure Saturday

For those looking to make the game this weekend and coming from the SW, you’ll want to avoid 59. Don’t get stuck in traffic.

2 Likes

What’s the best route from kingwood up 59 going south? And I guess they will have signs directing traffic away from Cullen so prob Scott st?

Thanks for the heads up. I wonder if this is going to affect the Westpark Toll Road.

I have to think they won’t let you exit onto 59 and you’ll be routed straight onto Westpark. But that means that all that traffic would go straight into a traffic light. That would be a mess.

Man, this is really confusing. I’m looking forward to learning that route. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I don’t expect people coming from Kingwood will be affected by the construction, just regular game day traffic. From Kingwood you will be taking 59 southbound to 45 and exit before getting to the west side - Cullen or Scott depending on where you are parking.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

I think that’s a great point – there are a lot of ways to enter campus: from the north, south, east and west. I always planned my route based on where I was parking. Even though I live a couple miles south of campus, there were times I’d take 288 around to the Gulf Freeway and exit Cullen to park on the north side of campus.

With that said, I don’t imagine traffic will be too bad around campus tomorrow. I hope I’m wrong.

I take the train so there’s never an issue getting to the stadium.

ttt just in case.