Talent, coaching makes up for Brooks’ departure

Talent, coaching makes up for Brooks’ departure

As a four-star recruit coming out high school, Hinton immediately played a prominent role on the team. The native of North Carolina averaged 7.2 points on offense while tallying more than 120 rebounds on defense.

Jarreau, Hinton’s running mate and last season’s AAC Sixth Man of the Year, is also primed to make up for Brooks’ leave.

In his first season with the Cougars, Jarreau became one of the team’s primary ball handlers and main offensive weapons off the bench. One of the sophomore’s biggest strengths is his ability to get to the basket, averaging almost nine points in 18 minutes per game. The New Orleans-native will likely become one of the team’s top guards in place of Brooks, who averaged 13.4 points in his final collegiate season.

Houston will also benefit from the return of several other players that played prominent roles on 2018-2019’s team.

Is Neil VanBeck the same kind of shooter Wes was?

1 Like

Not sure, can’t find his high school stats anywhere, but he did hit 8 3-pointers in a game once.

1 Like

Wes was one of my favorite players in the last several years. He was a true team player that earned every minute he played. I miss him and hope his brother is as good as he was, both on the court and as a team mate.

3 Likes

We have plenty to replace Armani, but it is going to take time and patience…and I think our coaching staff is full of both…

time being couple of months, few weeks ? The whole idea was he was going to be Senior w 3 yrs under CKS system. Hence most prognosticators dropping Coogs 10-15 spots in way too early rankings.

I don’'t expect this young group to come out firing on all cylinders…but I think we will be competitive from the get go, but what I am hoping is that we continue to get better as the season progresses…continual improvement equals a dancing team and rating. I could care less what we are ranked right now, but I will be interested to see where we rank in March…

1 Like