Taylor Saulsberry

Has Taylor signed with us ? Unless I read UH FB Twitter incorrectly we are going to get a 6ft 4 inch WR !
Crazy !

Walk on TE?

Nice walk-on I’m hearing is Cash Williams from Argyle

A couple of good walk ons for the receiver room

Coach,
Mr Hull , Katy Principal posted on his school twitter that Taylor had signed to play for us. I think 247 said he is 6’-4" ,195#, Wide Receiver. Taylor has a 4.0+ gpa and a 1100 SAT ! There is no mention of this anywhere else. Is this how a walk-on…walks on ?
Go Coogs!

He played TE at Katy

A preferred-walk-on, yes.

Regular walk-ons go to Spring tryouts.

1 Like

Well, I asked a coach and he knew nothing about the kid so I assumed a walk on

Thank You Coach V !
Go Coogs!

I’ve heard walk-on, PWO

Thank you 91 !
Go Coogs!

Just in case some fans were wondering…

Preferred walk-ons arrive to college with a roster spot guaranteed for them. Walk-ons, however, arrive to college without a guaranteed roster spot. Neither preferred walk-ons nor walk-ons receive a scholarship their first year on campus. They both have the opportunity to compete for them in later years, but preferred walk-ons are often first in line for available scholarships.

1 Like

Thank you Goosecreek for the info.
Go Coogs !

another fine walk on player…am amazed no offers with his size, and brains…

He runs track. Was on all of Katy’s relay teams.

Might have incredible upsize.

Thanks TucsonCoog !
I am amazed as well ! How does a young man like this get no offers ?

Go Coogs !

If a kid arrives as a walk-on and the signing class was not filled, could he then be awarded a scholarship? How would that be different from a recruited guy signing in the summer?

To answer your question, it would be up to the football staff to make that determination.

I suspect we may have told the young man he has a fine chance to become a scholarship player in future…Maybe he had other offers but turned them down to walk on with us…

1 Like

I live in Katy and Im pretty sure he had one offer from San angelo state, and a couple FCS PWO, and then us

As a former walk on did not use the word preferred in those days I applaud the young man and his diligence and efforts to join the team. I walked on in 1973 with the first group of players that would play in the SWC 1976 conference championship for CBY. I got a scholarship at mid semester for books & tuition only and subsequently got a full ride the next year. Go for it Taylor it your dreams can come true…

16 Likes