TCU can't keep our name out their mouths

One of many threads on there obsessively trashing UH with outdated info

Lot of ignorance in that thread

3 Likes

Just by glancing the headline I already spot a lie. Rice Stadium seats 47,000? The guy is off by 24,000.

Somebody in that thread is still upset about Brown v. Board.

23 Likes

Ya know, it’s funny. I just read all 4-pages of that junk and as backhanded as it was all intended to be, it didn’t bother me at all. We don’t have to impress tcu fans and clearly they see what they want to see. It’s great they don’t let facts get in the way of their conclusions.

They aren’t prepared for the beatings they’ll be taking from us in the big12. It’s going to be great watching the ivory tower crumble.

2 Likes

“In no way am I saying that the Big 12 should add Rice, but adding UH is like adding a less educated Texas Tech with much fewer fans. I don’t see it.”

Is TCU R1? Asking for a friend.

11 Likes

Mostly arrogance, but what do you expect from a bunch of spoiled brats !!

3 Likes

Nope. R2

There is only one appropriate reply to that entire thread.

It is two words.

But I am a Gentleman and a Coog.

2 Likes

R1 status doesn’t really have any downstream impact on undergrad education, though.

But yeah, TCU only brought 35k against Cal despite selling lower bowl tix for $10 against a P5 opponent. Kinda throwing stones in a glass house here.

4 Likes

Please unpack this part

Research is mostly done at the graduate level and is the economically beneficial output of the university and its professors. Teaching happens at the undergraduate level. Research attracts tons of money, teaching is sometimes a side gig.

6 Likes

Rice officially downsized the capacity a few years ago.

1 Like

R1 is a research metric. It’s about the money that our research professors earn to run labs, do experiments, hire postdocs, or whatever. It has very close to nothing to do with, for example, how well a sophomore or junior in the engineering department is taught OChem, or the value of any of the degrees in Bauer or the writing dept., etc. except to the limited extent that some undergrad students get an opportunity to participate in research.

3 Likes

Understood. A bit off topic but would achieving AAU status be driven by research efforts or undergraduate education?

Mostly driven by research, Ph.Ds granted, etc

3 Likes

No, 47K is correct. All the end zone seats were ripped out years ago.

2 Likes

You guys will soon find out TCU fans are just SMU fans but with bigger football egos and a lower quality school. Still mostly rich kids who have trust funds that go there. They don’t represent the city of Fort Worth at all.

14 Likes

Graduate schools are part of a university.

As SMU has improved academically over the past 30 years, TCU is the old SMU.

The dumb/lazy kids who have zero chance at Texas, SMU, or Georgia who graduate from Kinkaid and Episcopal go there to party with Holland Hall and St. Mark’s kids.

Can anyone name one thing TCU is well known for off the top of their head?

5 Likes