TDECU as XFL venue

The name -Oilers- is trade-marked and owned by Bud Adams heirs thus not available,

1 Like

That will almost certainly make the XFL successful, and might change the college game entirely.

THE HOUSTON SISSIES!

1 Like

Please, girl.

Depends on what they pay. I could see it being like baseball where only “sure things” go pro out of high school. Of course all it would take is the NFL to walk back their rules.

The Houston traffic jams.

3 Likes

This is what I was hoping, because hopefully the stupid money would follow the top talent out of college ball. Baseball may seem small time in college but it’s much more honestly in line with what college is all about.

3 Likes

I have no idea if the trade mark is available but the HOUSTON GAMBLERS makes perfect sense, Would John Jenkins join in? Granted it sounds like BACK TO THE FUTURE but man even from far away I would tune in or even subscribe to watch his offense.

2 Likes

Bunch of false promises I remember…

Count me OUT!

Me too! I’m out!

I don’t remember any false promises, but I do remember the XFL not being marketed to families. The commercial spots were of pretty girls looking “sensual” an with tag lines like “Don’t worry we will teach them how to cheer.” Even though I am sure the cheerleaders were in the middle of the field, the ticket prices were based on how close you were to the cheerleaders, Not a smart way to market a pro league IMO.

It was supposed to be a league of “no rules” …it was billed as being different from the NFL. I was imagining a game similar to the video game blitz where holding or late hits wouldn’t be called. When I saw the first game, it was worse than the NFL…I tuned out.

Stoops hired as Dallas GM and Head Coach

You know, if Briles wants to coach, this may be the league to do it in.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/DTagCoogs/status/1093523319964487680

Millions of people watch high school football and the talent level is garbage. I don’t buy “is the talent good enough to watch.”

2 Likes

If it pays off for the school and gets the campus more exposure then great.

However, I hope it doesn’t run the stadium down prematurely, and I don’t want to see XFL badging anywhere. When I go to watch my school play, I don’t want to see the stadium and atmosphere mucked up with logos and promos from another team. We don’t need that watering down in our own house.

1 Like
  1. If they pay well enough to help our coffers for the use of our stadium, they can put up removable branding.
  2. If it attracts non current UH fans and inspires them to come to UH games, another good thing
  3. If we get a piece of the parking and concessions, more coffer money.
3 Likes

Well the Dallas XFL team got Bob Stoops as HC which probably means they’ll be the better team in Texas unless we get Urban.

1 Like

What if the XFL Houston team coach was Art Briles?

Then what?

2 Likes