TDECU Expansion

What’s the red building on the corner of Elgin and Scott? A parking garage? Because it sure eats up a lot of the stadium parking lot…

1 Like

garage i think

2 Likes

We don’t need to expand the stadium without UT or OU coming to town…

4 Likes

I’ve been saying this for awhile. While we don’t really need to expand seating a whole lot what we should do is fill out the suits add more lodge options all around the stadium to create more revenue. Then increase the amenities restrooms more concessions more elevators maybe escalators.
What would be great see if we could get an uptick in students and move that entire end zone to a student section upper and lower levels. That would be the first method to start creating more of a demand.

3 Likes

I would prefer they use the money for some stadium awnings for the Sun or something like they have for some soccer stadiums.

18 Likes

How about some escalators for the South side !!

I’m old !

8 Likes

Agree. Unless its all via donations and after the next B12 contract. (fingers crossed)

Can we fill up TDECU on a regular basis before starting such topics?

9 Likes

Damn… That’s a huge stadium :heart_eyes:

1 Like

We might need to expand if we go to the big 12 lol. Those Baylor, Tech, TCU games could be packed. As well as BYU and OSU

That’s what I’m trying to say in the other thread

Houston is packed with not only alumni but also t shirt fans across the state and country

1 Like

We can only expand IF…we bring back James Coney Island…:smiley:

4 Likes

Go for the dogs… Stay for the coogs.

3 Likes

Let’s wait a year or two into the Big12 and see how the seats are filled before we start talking about expansion. Maybe then we know how many seats to add.

2 Likes

What is the max capacity for TDECU expansion?

I think it could easily increase to 60,000, if not more. Right now, it holds 40,000 or just a little over it.

We aren’t expanding. There are multiple things we would do before that and it’s not even close to needed at this point.

3 Likes

I’m expanding! For a 12 pack and few dollars I’ll buy a bigger couch for you guys.

1 Like

No to stadium expansion. in game attendance is dwindling and will continue to dwindle across the entire sports landscape. I’m still appalled they took away the skyline view.

3 Likes

Oh Gosh Yes! Escalators Please!!!