TDECU Stadium Skin

well @MajinCoog if you look at the previous pictures with the tarps on and off you can see very obviously that more have been added.

I confess; I have been wrong, wrong; I had no idea how invisible those panels are at night with the stadium lights on in the background. I drove by today in the daylight, and nothing has been removed. In fact, I think the poster is right above when he points out that a few panels have indeed been added, but that process is going to have to speed up if they intend to cover the entire side before the first game.

I drove by the stadium today in daylight and again at night. Those panels just disappear at night if the lights are on behind them.

So, all my optimism about a new conference is back to neutral, alas!

It looks like very few tiles are being added per day, but the do have a month before the home opener, so hopefully they can get it done. I remember during the original construction, there was something about the tiles that made them hard to install and very time consuming. Either way, I would have liked to see the process start a bit sooner.

1 Like

4 Likes

Nice update Brad.

2 Likes

i’d expect a banner to go in the gap between the skins otherwise not sure why the skipped that section but good to see steps to fill in the rest of the cage

Thanks for the update. I don’t understand the big gaps that they are leaving behind. i personally think it has to do with expansion but what do I know.

Pretty sure it’s just a powerwash. They may have gotten the big cover down but some little ones look to replace it. Expansion? C’mon, buddy.

Not expansion now! Relax bud. Feel free to give your opinion to why they are leave 2 open spots, when they are claiming to be finishing the outer skin.

They are not “powerwashing” anything; those are new panels they are putting up. Skipping whole sections is a mystery at the moment, but I expect those will be filled in with metal panels too. Patience!

1 Like

Go ask the guys who are working on it.

1 Like

They are completing the cage around the entire stadium & it’ll be done prior to the first home game. Yurachek said this in a Q&A earlier this year.

Getting into the little 10 is a skins game …
… apparently the coogs are not all in.

1 Like

The gaps may be there for year specific banners such as putting up 2015 AAC Champion and 2015 Peach Bowl Champion banners.

4 Likes

Its 2016 and people are still holding their camera vertically when taking pics. Sigh.

2 Likes

Wow, way to be a d*ck.

Thanks for the update 93!

3 Likes

So, what I want to know now is this: Are they really going to “finish” the metal skin as we were told? Or, are we going to still have large gaps to be filled with banners flapping in the wind?

I guess we will know in the next few weeks.

i’ve been watching, it looks like this process takes a LONG time. Its two guys on a cherry picker and they have to measure, level and hand drill all of the holes for the fasteners for each plate and they obviously can only do one plate at a time. In three days I saw them finish that one angled piece on the farthest point by the visitor tunnel. and it rained every single day. But they also have like three more weeks to get it done,I have heard however that there may be space left for a banner to be put up. I think I would rather them finish the whole thing, but whatever floats the boat of the one with the money.