Tech Predictions?

You don’t think they will have three and pouts… Smh…both will…

Last year, yes…this year…TT is in serious trouble. They will face a qb Better than Ward. UH offense scary if you are opponent. Big Ed defense scary too. This is a complete UH football team similar to 2015…yes 2015

3 Likes

Big Ed gonna eat…again.

I saw something in that AZ game…when the UH starters are in Defense and Offense…They will suffocate you…scoring at will while preventing you from scoring… TT in serious trouble this Saturday y’all…

1 Like

He names himself after the least supportive college newspaper in the country. They mistake negativity for edgy journalism.

Bottom line - We need to limit turnovers. We’ve been pretty good so far this season, but this is a Gibbs defense.

Win/lose prediction: We win with no turnovers. If we turnover the ball twice or more, we lose.

3 Likes

I predict PAIN for tech! :angry:

3 Likes

No…I think they will for get 3 and outs on D.I just said thAt I don’t think we are gonna do to TT what we did to Zona early offensively. I’m concerned that our run game might have issues…hope I’m wrong. Rice D gave us some trouble. And throwing bombs are low percentage passes…gonna have series were go 0-3. If we could guarantee completing 1 of every 3…I’m in.
I just see lot people saying we put up 50 plus…I don’t think saying 38 is an insult

I predict Garrett Davis coming in and laying one of them out!..Go Coogs!

2 Likes

38 is an insult…45pts in both games proof…(TT is no Alabama). Rice was first game so as expected, you have to work out kinks. AZ game showed offense breakout. TT should be more concerned what they saw vs Arizona, who is no Lamar Cardinals…I am not convinced that TT will roll over us…Rice is better than Lamar…

52-35 Coogs

1 Like

Anderson will have a big game in secondary!!!

4 Likes

I’m not sure who said TT is going to roll over us. Wasn’t me.

I like those 15-20 yard crossing patterns. Our guys often add big YAC on those plays. Bombs are fine occasionally but you shouldn’t try to live off them.

1 Like

I’m not sure why so many people are worried about turnovers, other than remembering what happened last year with an entirely different offense. Again, there is a small sample size this year, but between our 2 games, we have turned the ball over twice: Bryson’s muffed punt (which I’m not even sure counts as a turnover in the stats) and Terry Mark’s fumble on the screen against Rice. No turnovers against Arizona. As much talk as there is about Gibbs, Tech has forced 5 turnovers through 2 games this year. Only one of those was against a legit football team (1 fumble recovery against Ole Miss). The other 4 included 3 INTs and 1 fumble recovery against Lamar.

I’ve seen nothing so far this year that would indicate we’re going to be prone to turnovers or that Tech is exceptionally good at forcing turnovers. King is infinitely better at taking care of the ball than Kyle Allen was. I just don’t see him suddenly start turning the ball over when he’s done nothing so far this year to indicate that might be a problem.

4 Likes

I don’t care what we do as long as we score. If we score it gives the D the opportunity to be more aggressive. They don’t have to worry about giving up a score because the offense isn’t scoring.
These type of offense are great when they work…if they don’t your D is on field even more. So far we are on field 92 plays/gm…only 2 teams more . And we need TDs cause our FG situation is suspect

1 Like

Turnovers can be random and arbitrary to a great extent. Last year Allen threw right into MLB chest first drive…it wasn’t anything TT did.
Also had issue with Center shotgun snaps on ground vs Zona in RZ. One vs TT too? Forget

my honest projections:
on a very basic level i can see why some people are projecting a high scoring affair … we have a suspect pass defense and tech is a “traditionally” a high scoring team by mostly passing

but has anyone specifically looked at this years texas tech …they are heavily reliant on the run…
and 85% of their passes are extremely short and quick (qb averaged 5 yds a pass vs ole miss) where they set it up for their WRs to get YAC

our DBs struggle at preventing catches, but we are great at not allowing YAC…our run defense is stout…
note: an fcs put up 200 more yds on ole miss than they did

they have 1 medium threat in vasher (15-30yds), their go to everytime they need something long…but theres enough film out there for us to know to put a safety over him as help

Techs qb options:
-a true freshmen that has yet to see a real defense (likely starter)
-a juco who is immobile vs our dline (with 2 games experience total)
-a dual threat who is extremely turnover prone (never seen real minutes)

the only way i see tech having a chance is a low scoring game…where their qb will only have to make a few plays to win it…and i doubt that will happen with both our new paces…i dont see any of their qbs making 6td drives worth of plays…

and people here are worried about a turnover or 2…you guys realize we had FIVE turnovers vs them last year and still was within 3 points of winning it…a) king is amazing at not turning the ball over…but) 1 or 2 turnovers isnt a big deal, both teams plan on having a million drives this game, with both our pace…4 to 5 is where we’d start to worry

my honest opinion: houston, not in a close one

5 Likes

This is 100% accurate. It just seemed weird that so many people are expressing concerns about turnovers. So weird that I assumed some people may still be shell-shocked from last years’ turnover-prone QB. We might see a ton of them due to just dumb luck. Who knows. But based on what I’ve seen so far, it appears this year’s team will do a better job of taking care of the ball and limiting turnovers to dumb luck (or bad luck).

2 Likes
1 Like