Yes. The AAC with UH!

6 Likes

Clickbait title

10 Likes

Thank you. You saved me an unnecessary click

4 Likes

Ha me too.

1 Like

The REALstory is that there is a big rain gauge give away from the local Lubbock tv station. Everybody is talking about it.

Now that is really exciting news. They know how to party in teetech country.

7 Likes

I mean what’s he’s going to say…“We are rightly f’ed, let’s get to drinking folks”

4 Likes

Rain gauge giveaway. You mean people don’t pay for those in the desert?

1 Like

Hang a roll of toilet paper out the window, see if it’s damp in the morning. Same thing.

1 Like

The “double T” huh? Sounds like something else in my opinion…

1 Like

Nothing substantially new here … the TT HC is whistling in the wind … hoping for the best …

There is nothing but cactus tumble weeds and jackrabbits in the Lubbock area … NO RECRUITS …

I remember driving from Odessa to Lubbock … it was flat and desolate … and …

The only good thing to come outa Lubbock was … Buddy Holly …

1 Like

Let me post this here also:

All things considered, IF the PAC really wanted to enter the state of Texas would they be better served by selecting :

-the big public school in Lubbock, Texas
-the even bigger public school in Houston, Texas

Academics and athletic performance are a push …maybe slight lean to the Houston option.

Remember, the PAC has schools IN big markets like Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Salt Lake City, among others.

There is so much delusional takes from the remaining Big 8aint schools thinking they are worth more than they are actually worth.

Their worth, with the exception of Kansas, was 100% due to the fact they were tethered to UT & OU.

They are all mid majors than had a lucky ticket.

We will prove we ARE more valuable IF politicians don’t get involved

3 Likes

Yes. The AAC with UH!

I think both Tech and Houston will be in the PAC…I tend to believe TCU and oSu will be there as well.

3 Likes

The Red Raider coach says, Texas Tech will “land in a great spot”. Actually, the only place Tech is going land is in the Texas panhandle.

2 Likes

The only thing that matters is eyeballs on the TV. If Tech and Houston join the Pac 12 that means we will replace a current Pac 12 team on everyone’s schedule.

So the question is does Houston create more eyeballs on the TV than the Pac 12 is currently getting playing the current Pac 12 lineup?

Will more people tune in to watch Colorado v Houston than they would have with Colorado v Arizona State (or pick a Pac 12 school we would replace on the schedule)

Its not about markets anymore. Its about numbers of people watching a particular game more so than they would have already had.

In this new era I think we are as valuable as the leftover 8 (more valuable than some). I think our ceiling is much higher than all 8 of them. With the right amount of money, we could be terrific.

That is why I don’t see the Pac offering the leftovers a place. They might offer us with the mindset that we are a growth stock.

1 Like

I think that the 2 schools most valuable to the Pac 12 would be Houston and TCU…I believe that with the Pac tv contract up in 2024 that ESPN could become involved with asking the pac to add Houston and 3 of the Big 12 schools. If ESPN could get just 4 more big 12 schools to vote in favor of disbanding the conference then the GoR goes away, ESPN is out of the Longhorn networks and everyone goes their merry way to the ACC and PAC, respectively. That’s what I’m hoping for anyway…I’ve considered the possibility that it could be wishful thinking on my part. :wink: we will see.

1 Like

That’s kinda exactly what I’ve come to understand as well. But that “potential” thing is a blessing and a curse. Networks are probably not into “school elevation projects” and conferences generally don’t have that as a mission statement as well. However, if either or both are looking at growth and have some vision, all the low hanging fruit has been picked and locked up already. Growth thru elevation projects is all that’s left. OTOH, if college football has reached a saturation point or plateau, potential
doesn’t buy you much.

1 Like

NRG I agree with you. That is why I think a potential business deal with the PAC is that we get some % of what the current schools and a % of the income based on our TV games being above the average viewership that PAC 12 is currently getting. We have to make it enticing for the PAC 12. WE can do it because any increase is a good thing for us. The leftovers will have difficulty doing it because they are still taking a masive pay cut. We have potiential, the leftovers have reams of data showing what they are with a conference of big brands. They are what their numbers say they are and quite frankly they are not watched any more than we are in the AAC. We have upside, they don’t. West Virginia to the ACC might make sense just because more people are going to watch them than Boston College, Syracuse etc.

1 Like

This may may be key, ability to negotiate, and not
come in expecting an equal share. Maybe even come in as a probationary member, with real benchmarks to reach at 3 and 5 year levels or you get cut. I think now is the time to pull out all stops and try something different and go all in .

5 Likes

I completely agree. I am confident in our abilities if we are just given the chance. I am also confident we would make Pac 12 stronger if given the chance.

6 Likes