Texans release Watt

But he is clueless in running a football franchise! Hiring a traveling preacher that many have questioned his devotion to God in any level whatsoever to be his top decision maker for his football team is outright stupid, to say the least! Jim Jones was a man of God just like Easterby, look at what he did to his followers! He could lead Cal to the same self-destructive fate! At least to his team any way.

2 Likes

For whatever reason this wonā€™t happen. It hasnā€™t happened in the past when the Oilers were being boycotted and it certainly ainā€™t happening with us being G 5

I care about pro football as long as the team has Coogs.Texans have no Coogs

2 Likes

They care about the Texans probably for the same reason I stayed loyal to the Coogs and didnā€™t miss a home game during the Helton and Dimel years with the 1, 2, 3, and 0 win seasons. Youā€™re either a true fan or you arenā€™t.

I pull for the Texans, but am not a true fan. I tend to pull for whichever team I happen to be watching at the time that has the most Coogs; otherwise, I am probably more of a Saints, then Packers fan.

1 Like

The Texans are a carbon copy of the chargers or ā€œlikeā€ other nfl organizations.
They could car less about you season ticket holders.
Almost every move they have made since starting this franchise has been a bad one.
It started with not protecting Carr and it has snowballed ever since.
Have you ever noticed how the steelers, patriots and other winning nfl franchise operates?
tampa bay sucked for the longest times. This was one of the worst franchise for 1,000ā€™s of years. The glazers just got their second rings. They are hated in Manchester (own Manchester United) but this is two rings more than the McNairs. There is hopeā€¦WHEN THERE IS A BLIMPING WILL

Me too! The last few years, Iā€™ve seemed to care more about the teams that have Coogs on them. Iā€™ll watch a random game just to see one of our Houston Cougar family members.

On the Texans, they are my Houston NFL squad, but due to.their arrogance, the way the former coach treated people , or the incredibly stupid moves they madeā€¦Iā€™ve been actually rooting for them to lose because it made that Circus on Kirby more entertaining. Also, because if I root for them to be a dumpster fire they will let me down and find a way to ā€œfinallyā€ build a dominant football teamā€¦lol

2 Likes

Letā€™s not go overboard hereā€¦first of all, Jim Jones was not a man of God, in any sense of the wordā€¦second, although you might not like Easterby, comparing him to Jim Jones, in any way, is way off base- Jim Jones was responsible for over 900 deaths. The Texans need to make some changes, and, if Easterby has actually done the things being talked about, he should be let go. But letā€™s
pump the brakes on comparing him to a truly evil individual.

2 Likes

This is fair, Jim Jones is over the top in comparison. Easterby is a successful conman who has used religion to consistently fail up in a profession he has no business being in. Thanks to an incompetent organization possibly due to ownerships blind spot in the faith department.

Things go to heā€¦ when it gets Cold outside :cold_face:.

1 Like

And we ended up building 2 new stadiums when Bud wanted a combination lol

Same Bob Lanier who made his cash selling land for the Grand Parkway and helped kill monorail

Bud tried at least

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure Bob Lanier had a lot of say in it considering the existence of Harris County Sports Authority. :thinking: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I wonder if JJ will go into the broadcast booth after his playing days are over. I think he could be groomed to be successful in that role.

2 Likes

He did throw Bud out of his office when he came begging. Basically two reasons, Bud wasnā€™t liked, and two he had just forced the city to spend almost as much as the Astrodome cost to expand from the low 40s to the mid 60s for his Oilers. Just bad timing by Bud and about 1/2 decade too early. At the time stadiums were going from multi-purpose to custom. baseball parks were becoming customized to baseball and so were football stadiums. That was the driver behind getting two, along with the fact that Houston wasnā€™t going to lose the Astros after losing the Oilers and we deserately wanted a NFL team after going 2/3rds of a decade without one and Bob McNair was able to smoke LA by making a deal the NFL owners couldnā€™t turn down and LA had nobody to match.

When I started hearing about football stadiums in the billion dollar range, I thought it was madness, but itā€™s become the norm. The Alamodome is a great example of a football stadium built at the wrong time because its amenities were fine in the moment but outdated in just a few years. Then watching baseball stadium design focus on retro-chic with smaller, closer to the field seating and better amenities. Of course all that probably became necessary with the expansion of available tv content and high definition technology. I donā€™t think Bud Adams was quite the prognosticator he seems in retrospect, but I can see why he wanted what he did.

Cal is just another in a long line of rich kids with caca in the cabeza. If he had earned the money and wanted to be stupid with it I would shrug my shoulders and say ā€œit is his moneyā€.

But since he didnā€™t earn it, he needs to view the Texans as a civic trust and he is giving back to the city through professional sports. Just like hundreds of wealthy Houston families have given us world class ballet, theatre, zoo, museums ā€¦ Cal needs to give us a world class football team. He didnā€™t earn the Texans, he inherited the Texans. I donā€™t begrudge generational wealth but with it comes responsibility.

4 Likes

First off the Dome is run by the County not the city. Bud had a bunch of clowns in his operation who couldnā€™t lobby. Yes he was unpopular but the Oilers werenā€™t.

Just rich guys bumping heads.

1 Like

Why is this post on this website?

ADMINS do your job. You either accept political post or not!

Sorry our offices are closed at the moment.

3 Likes

One thing 2020 taught me is to not take everything that the media tells me to heart. To me, this also applies to Easterby. I found myself disliking the guy and then realized one day it was only because the print and digital media force fed me that notion. Those rumors about him MAY or MAY not be fully or partially true. I donā€™t know the guy and although my Texans fandom has waned these last several years, I choose to not be so consumed about Easterby. And I certainly donā€™t dislike him because he chooses to be a christian.

7 Likes

Excellent post UHCoog.

1 Like