Texas 5* CB Jalen Green from Houston Enters Transfer Portal

https://247sports.com/player/jalen-green-87937/

Love this scouting report from a UT website

Green should be in the talks as a lockdown day 1 draft eligible CB. Instead he couldn’t play the ball and will most likely start at a non P5 school. Its maddening how many 5 starts zhit the bed in Austin.

4 Likes

The Horns are like the Cubs were for years…Before they finally broke through I was convinced you could put the NL All-Star team in Cubs uni’s and they would miss the playoffs.
UT gets less out of more year after year…

Underachievement is what the cows are all about. Doing less with more for decades.

1 Like

And now we are hiring one of their coaches? A coach that coached that position?

3 Likes

15 Likes

All the little Spermhorns flowing onto the field.
https://twitter.com/BDavisAAS/status/1195034966624784384/photo/1

3 Likes

How did this thread go full menstrual? Never go full menstrual.

14 Likes

Isn’t it incredible l I remember many years ago when UT pumped out many first rounders especially at OL …not anymore

1 Like

Hopefully Jalen Green is coming here. We could definitely use him.

1 Like

The local hype machine folks who leech on to those kids are no where to be found when they flame out

1 Like

Does Mr Green have any connection with UH?

1 Like

He is from Houston, and his CB coach just signed on to coach CBs at UH.

8 Likes

Happy I could post something now because they’re from the Houston area and CB coach is here now

1 Like

Green would be a starter day 1.

Yes Green has UH ties as he was a star at Houston Reagan (Heights)

But hardly saw the field at UT. What makes you think he can play? His four stars?

3 Likes

Hardly saw the field? He has played in almost every game since he arrived at UT as a true freshman. Started most of the year his sophomore year…and though he was moved to back up this past season, his stats would be 3rd best among UH CBs

And to answer your question… yes he’s his rating plays a huge part… I remember 2 recent elite CBs from the houston area … Kendall Sheffield and tony brown, both went to bama… both had 2 different paths but similar start… deep bench at bama … Sheffield transferred to Ohio state, brown just stayed deep bench at Bama till his senior year (way less minutes than green) … i would have taken both in a heart beat if they transferred and wanted Houston… long story short both are starters in the NFL

My take on this is that we don’t really need CBs, we look stacked “on paper” there…so I don’t have strong feelings that it’s a must get… but would be a great pick up… 5star backup linebacker from so and so would be a different conversation

3 Likes

That’s my point. We can be picky and not just start gushing over any P5 Tom’s swinging dikk that enters the portal. In fact, we are at the point in the back where we don’t have room for some kids that want to come here. Belk & Etheridge are good at what they do. I have no doubt the new guy will pick up where Zac left off.

1 Like

The 247 insiders gave a prediction this morning that he is gonna go to Mississippi state.