Texas A&M football faces NCAA scrutiny from ex-Aggie’s bid for eligibility at Arizona

I was more interested to see what the NCAA does with his request. Very “interesting” now that there is no longer a need to grant the waiver. Does the NCAA do anything now? A player has documented violations that have occurred in an official document sent to them.

1 Like

This isn’t the metoo movement. Character can be questioned and proof or lack thereof can be scrutinized. Not sure the NCAA has to make public statements if accusations turn up zero proof of violations.

2 Likes

How can they ignore the accusations made in document submitted to them as part of the waiver process? These weren’t just comments made in an article or social media. Will they say the waiver is no longer valid since he was kicked off Arizona and move on? And not making public statements if the accusations turn up zero proof of violations looks very similar to not investigating.

Regardless, one of these cases is going to come up again and the player may not be a racist next time. So has the NCAA opened an avenue for players to turn on their current program and report any violations in order to transfer to another school and be eligible immediately (the Ole Miss provision)? It’s going to be interesting to watch.

I hate that some kids are trying to leverage this new “rule” this way. The Ole Miss situation was way different (from my understanding of things). In that case, the coaches lied to the recruits about the severity of penalties in an effort to persuade them to sign with the school. In this kid’s case, it’s different. There was no lying (that I’m aware of) to persuade him to go to A&M. If anything, his allegations about taking money and other benefits should net him punishment as well.

But then again, I haven’t read up in detail on this, so I may be way off base.

Oh I definitely agree the situations are completely different. However, the lawyer for this kid is using the NCAA changes in this way. He won’t be the only one. I am not naive. I have always said I don’t want to know what goes on in college recruiting. Just a curious observer at this point – hope it never comes to UH.

well this topic de-escalated quickly - doubt we ever hear another word about this and A&M again
probably just saved Peveto’s bright future