Texas Gets Called Out For Being ... Texas

Nose bleed seats for LSU band.

2 Likes

This is just pathetic. One thing I’ve always loved about college football, that you don’t get at any other sport at any level except high school football, is the fact that even the when teams are the biggest of rivals, there’s this shared feeling of respect for the bands. The half time show is the one time where fans of both teams put their differences aside, and applaud both schools. This is the level of class I expect from Tom Herman and the ilk though.

9 Likes

Wow!

2 Likes

That entire university is just a virus. From their pretentious alumni, to the athletic department. Gross.

12 Likes

Nobody brings the band anymore because the seats are too valuable. The stadium is sold out and the 3000 seats for visitors is a really long walk uphill. Those are same seats I sat in for the WVU game last year and is all they allocate per team. Trust me, you walk off your tailgate to get to them. 10 - 15 minutes to reach your sets That’s why so many LSU people were spending, on average, $800 for a ticket. Top row in the stadium was $350.

Another reason why uta is synonymous with the word greed. Yes, lets take away from the college football experience for some write-off money.

6 Likes

One thing you can say about Texas, they make it all about Texas,

6 Likes

Apparently band members get a lot of grief from rival fans. I wasn’t really aware of how bad it was until after the Florida band director got knocked out by a Miami fan after their game. I read through a message board where several former band members from different schools were talking about the crap they had to deal with when traveling to other schools. Getting spit on, cursed out, water bottles getting pissed in, smashed bus windows, hit by projectiles, drunken violence, etc. Just nasty stuff. I’d like to think our fan base is above that kind of crap, but it only takes a few bad eggs to muck up a reputation.

4 Likes

Meh, just Texas being Texas which includes losing.

8 Likes

I know my memory “ain’t” as good as it “us-ta-be,” but I think one year they allotted no seats to our band at all, and the band was down on the ground in one end zone! My hatred for all things whorn is off the charts!

9 Likes

I remember at least one game at TDECU we had the band sitting in the upper level
I think they actually changed seats during the game or something. I like how we usually have them in the endzone, its cool to hear them.

I dislike UT with the rest of them but I don’t get why this is a big deal. It’s their stadium and they should have the right to do that shouldn’t they? They want to make the place a home field advantage.

3 Likes

Agreed, but stated a bit differently, when it comes to college football in the State of Texas, UT sucks all of the oxygen out of the air.

That UT is super-funded by the State of Texas through the PUF and legislative appropriations, turns athletics into a profit center, and exudes great pride in its entitlement while persistently pushing the perception that it is an institution which serves the public when it is really primarily serving itself shows us how greed has become imbedded in Austin.

5 Likes

Well, when the ut band goes to LSU, let’s hope they put them in a swamp and we can then see what the million dollar band is worth after that adventure !!

4 Likes

When my daughter was a Cougar Doll, they would not allow the Dolls on the sidelines/end zone area (when they had that big end zone area before the revamp) during the game and made them stay under the stadium except for half time. They suck.

6 Likes

When was this? Was hermann the coach?

1 Like

This is the same program that cried when opposing teams and fans inverted their hand sign. Nothing they do is for the further pageantry of college football. It’s always been about them.

5 Likes

This is where I am on this issue. I just hope LSU reciprocates next year.

1 Like

I LMAO when Vermin stated that the ‘Horns Down’ sign hurt his feelings.

6 Likes

6 Likes