Texas Gets Called Out For Being ... Texas

We booed the USM band during the 2006 CUSA game.

One of the local tv stations actually did a 45 second report on it. No interviews or anything, just saying that UT stuck the band and fans in the “nosebleed” (reporters word) section. I hope she doesn’t get fired!

We’re all gonna sit here in a circle bashing another school when you all know damn well a coach may have made girls cry on our very own soccer team?

Shameful.

1 Like

I remember the USM band getting a delay of game penalty when we played them in Hattiesburg, it was something like 20 min. after the time the game was scheduled to begin and they were still on the field.

This here is all MOOT. They lost. :grin:

1 Like

Furthermore, the band was placed with the visiting section. Did people want the LSU band in the other side of the stadium where the LSU fans wouldn’t be able to hear them?

This reminds of the baseball super regional we played at UT about 15 or so years ago, when they spread our fans out in the top few rows around the stadium. Just bush league.

3 Likes

I think I remember that, it was some screw up they tried to fix during the game, maybe the 1st year in the stadium. Either way, our upper level is about a 100 times closer to the field than UT’s upper level.

TCU did the same thing to UT a couple years back, but to be fair their lower level is much smaller than UT’s. It was because of greed for them too though.

IMHO, one can hear the band from across the stadium as opposed to being behind or next to them . . . . . from my experiences . . . . .

The visiting band should be with the visiting fans Any argument otherwise is ludicrous.

Thanks, god . . . . .

I know you’re not supposed to be helpful to the opposing team but UT was outright nasty to LSU. Denying them basic amenities like A/C in the locker room.

It’s unbelievable UT, supposedly the best football program in America, would stoop so low to win. Oops I forgot. It is UT.

6 Likes

UT knew exactly what they were doing with the band. The band instruments are naturally angled upward when they are playing so being so far up, the sound goes up over the stadium.

If you watch the video from the link above, you can barely hear the band from the ground.

2 Likes

To watch UT lose, $350 is a bargain. That’s a priceless event.

7 Likes

It all comes back to the band.

Square circle.

Herman’s boyfriend Pete wrote that, what a surprise.

5 Likes

Yep, UH did that to the Grambling Band, after some discussions,they were eventually seated in the endzone.

Is this normal OR was Herman just being an ass ?

If a Herman stunt, If I was LSU, I would put the ut dressing room in the LSU parking lot next year

assuming ut doesn’t try to buy out of the game !!!:sunglasses:

1 Like