Texas HS football playoff FINALS

For those interested here is the link for the state pairing quarterfinals from 6A down to 6 man …

Finals will be televised from AT&T in Dallas in two weeks.

http://www.kxxv.com/story/39588618/texas-high-school-football-playoff-pairings

3 Likes

My alma mater Beaumont West Brook (where UH recruits heavily historically) is playing Cy Creek on Saturday. This the deepest they’ve been since 1997.

My alma mater North Shore is still in the hunt after beating its big rival Katy again last week to advance to this week. Unfortunately, UH seems to only rarely focus on and secure NS prospects (Derrick Mathews and Egbule) inspite of the Mustangs regular playoffs achievement. Seems like the SEC and Big 12-2 now has a lock on the east side North Shore and Channelview. #H-Town Takeover!

Let’s go Huntsville!

TDECU Stadium is where Shadow Creek plays Foster this Sat. at 1:00. The SC Sharks are one of the most intriguing stories this season. In their first varsity season since the school opened in 2016, SC is undefeated at 13-0, despite being placed in District 10 in 5A Div. 1, which the Houston Chronicle called the “division of doom” as all 7 of the other teams in District 10 were in the playoffs last year.

Fun Fact: Although SC is in Pearland west of 288 on Broadway at Kirby Dr., they are an Alvin ISD school. Pearland ISD inexplicably declined to add the area newly annexed by the City of Pearland in the late '90s that would eventually be the future site of the Shadow Creek Ranch master-planned community that began home sales in 2001. SC is the only Pearland area school still playing as Pearland and Dawson (both in Pearland ISD) and nearby Manvel HS have been eliminated.

2 Likes

Speaking of Shadow Creek one of their safeties Ron Nunnery is a UH commit. They have a lot of 2019 and 2020 D1 guys.

1 Like

Matthew Adam’s went to Hightower not North Shore.
Problem with recruiting North Shore is that a lot of those players have solid lists of D1 offers at Power 5 conference teams. There also seems to be a huge attraction to LSU by North Shore players.

My Alma mater Mart has a huge game tonight. Two defending state champs who’s only losses are to teams in a higher division. We also have a LB from Mart here at UH. Go Panthers!

Muenster (12-1) vs. Mart (12-1), 7 p.m. Thursday, Frisco’s Ford Center

1 Like

Thank you Larry. This is an important point. How can this be even possible? This is not acceptable for a winning program. We claim an HTown takeover? We need to prove it at the local recruiting level.
Our last few recruiting classes are unfortunately pointing that way. We have to re-think at the way we locally recruit. CMA was partly hired on his local recruiting ability. Is this happening?

1 Like

Watched all the 17-6A teams this year (CFISD + SBISD) and was most impressed with Cy-Creek. Their offense was electric in game I watched. Cy-Fair looked good as well as Jersey Village.

These Texas high school playoffs… how do they work? I don’t understand. How do you keep the poorer schools from winning it all? This is all too complicated and baffling to us. We give up.

—Signed Rob Mullens and the P5 Conferences

5 Likes

Speaking of the SC vs Foster game. Foster has a DT that’s committed to UH

2 Likes

Go Westbrook Bruins Class '03! Big money Texas!

1 Like

UPDATES

Results from Thursday and Friday and Saturday night playoff games … on to the semis …

Coog20
You’re correct. Old age memory loss Derrick Mathews from NS not Adams.

Lots of D1, so why not get what we can, if don’t compete we won’t get them or even the 2-3*. After LSU and others from the SEC came in to recruit the links developed. That still doesn’t mean we shouldn’t put forth a constant areffort, which we may be doing but I have family still involved with the NS football team and don’t hear about our contacts or presence.

You are wrong school district are established. When the city of pearland annex that area it was already part of Alvin ISD.

North Shore 38 Cy Fair 21 - Final
Next Saturday NRG 2:00 vs Lake Travis

Quarterfinals results AND Semis pairings from 6A on down to 1A …

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/dfwvarsity/article222743680.html

Finals schedule … to the left is the broadcast link … it will be updated closer to the finals as to the TV coverage for each class

https://www.uiltexas.org/football/state

Finals TV broadcast coverage is out … Fox Sports SW will broadcast 2A on up to 6A and 1A finals will be on the Fox Sports app.

https://www.uiltexas.org/football/state/football-state-championships-broadcast-information

Semis games will be carried by radio stations … normally listed on the Texas HS UIL website but I haven’t located it yet. Anyone who has please post that link … thanks …

1 Like