Texas State - 12/4

Ima Hogg her true given name was daughter of James Hogg who served as Governor of Texas in 1800s. She ended up living in Houston most her life and became a philanthropic with her wealth from family cotton business. There was myth that she had a sister named Ura but not true as she only had brothers. Now back to rest of the story!!

2 Likes

So we’re the highest ranked kenpom in the conference?

As of right now we are.

Her cousin was named Yura Hogg…old joke for us natives.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1202219966587691008

4 Likes

I went in thinking Texas State poses a challenge (and they might given they held their own vs. Baylor and actually won on the road at UNLV), but the sims are overwhelmingly in favor of the Coogs by a significant margin in this one. Granted, the health of Grimes and Mills will be something to monitor, but Coogs come out on top in 103 of 108 random sims (95.4%) generated, with the average score being 82-58. Less than 10% of the games are showing as being close (5 points or less) and Coogs are winning by 20-plus a little less than 69% of the time.

Coogs in a laugher if Grimes and Mills are a full-go.

Yura wasn’t a cousin, she was Ima’s sister. It was Wera who was the cousin. At least according to my 7th grade Texas History teacher.

Wonder what the sims said about SFA-Duke.

If Matthew Broderick taught us anything, it’s to not trust a computer.

1 Like

Sure wish YouTubeTV access to ESPN3 was still a thing for these next two games.

2 Likes

Me too, CougarDave. Guess I’ll find it on ESPN3 on my computer.

For the crazies like me that still have Comcast Xfinity, you can stream ESPN3 directly from your TV.

2 Likes

Ready to rock tonight!

1 Like

Am not seeing game listed on ESPN3 on my computer. Anybody differ?

Maybe it doesn’t show up until it’s game time. The Tulsa one doesn’t show up either.

I’m sitting on part of what was the Hogg Plantation, a coupla hunnrt yards from the park gate.

1 Like

Showing up on my sling tv app

It’s listed as one of the upcoming games. I suspect espn is trying to keep their live games list as uncluttered as possible…so they won’t list us on the main page until the game actually starts.

I’m with pesik. I feel like we’re a mishmash of good players right now and shortening the bench will force guys we know can step up to step it up.

1 Like

I don’t seem to be much count looking for streams and have no account info for espn so if somebody finds a stream, please