Texas Tech fans are going ballistic

Did someone say “gun fight”? Worst “fire up” video ever…

That was awful. How did I never see that before?

What a crock of b.s. That is awful but that’s TT (and Lubbock). I went to college in West Texas and the only thing likeable about used to be beautiful nights with big skies. And the people tend to think much better of themselves than they should.

https://twitter.com/CollieronTV/status/910208012811427841

2 Likes

When was the last time you have been to Lubbock?

Been to Lubbock once, in the snow. Had 3 spin-outs. Will never go to that city again!

Good reason as any to avoid Lubbock. By that standard, you should probably avoid the other 80% of the country where it also snows.

1 Like

I guess they could get Art to call a few of Baylor’s games. Get Todd Graham to call a few for Pitt.

1 Like

No worries, I will. Was detoured there on my way to Rudosio, NM. Horrible time trying to go to another state, being detoured to a City I never wanted to visit…just to get to the place I was trying to go to anyway. My Lubbock visit was by accident. And yes I will avoid it like the plaque. By the way, I lived in the Dallas region for 2 years…moved back to Houston 3 years ago…and I didn’t have problems with snow there. In Lubbock, there was a 25 car pile up because of the snow…not my cup of tea!

This might also be playing into Tech’s anger:

https://twitter.com/yahoodrsaturday/status/910161403939573760

1 Like

Lubbock is much flatter. I’m so glad I won’t have to listen to him on Saturday. In fact, I may avoid every game he’s on this fall.

Pray10 just nailed it. Big reason they are so angry is earlier this year he really put dwn Lubbock and compared it to Iraq n other not so desirable places. ESPN will never send him to Lubbock to do a game.

Chicago is more like Iraq. At least Rahmallah.

Yes Tubs is a grade A jerk.

He said it would not be awkward for him to call a game involving the Red Raiders and expressed no unease about meeting with his successor at Texas Tech, Kliff Kingsbury, during the regular pregame network production meetings Friday.

“It’s all professional,” Tuberville said. "It’s good to have familiarity with the teams that you’re going to work with. You know more about them.

He says “It’s all professional”:astonished::astonished::astonished:
What’s professional about it? espitty either made this decision not knowing (how can they not?) or they wanted to be controversial. Either way espitty continues this narrative of insulting its customers. We do not give a damn about you. Take it or leave it sucker is their new mantra.I expect/we should expect the best possible coverage and the AAC should demand it. What’s next? scumlin gets fired and ends up calling our games. This weekend Andre is calling UMass vs Tennessee…

1 Like

I’ve ran into someone wearing Texas Tech gear 3 straight days. All 3 were classy interactions. Two were going to the game and all three consider UH the favorite to win.

2 Likes

Kliff is cool. Leach would be a fun one to call this game. But he still has games to call in Pullman.

3 Likes

I really hope Leach is still the coach there for 2019 and 2020 when we play Washington State. I really respect what the guy was able to do at Texas Tech and what he has done to turn around the Washington State program.

3 Likes