Texas Tech Game Road Trip

(Alfred Matthews) #1

Anyone planning on going to Lubbock for the game this season? I’m deciding if I want to go. I can get good ticket prices on stub hub and a decent flight/hotel/rental car.

(itcoog) #2

I am taking an RV up there on Friday through Sunday with my son. Should be a good time.

Already got my tickets also, coming up from San Antonio area

(Jay C.) #4

Flying up on the 7:40 P.M. nonstop from IAH Friday night, got a pretty good deal on a travel package through Expedia. Hotel is 3.5 miles from the stadium. Flying out Sunday morning.

(Dustin K) #5

I’m thinking about going but have a few things I need to settle first before I can commit.

(Paul Marlow) #6

Starting the drive up Thursday afternoon with a pit stop in Austin. The Overton and Hyatt are sold out. I found a La Quinta about a mile from the stadium with reasonable prices.

(SKE) #7

Most hotels are filling up for Saturday night. I’m in at the Garden Inn. No tickets yet.

(Tom Green) #8

What Airline is that through.

(Mike Higdon) #9

I’m driving up and to make the trip easier, I may stay in Sweetwater or Abilene and drive to Lubbock the next day, then back to SW or Abilene Saturday Night, for an easier return Sunday.

(SKE) #10

Red. All driving is easy out west. I’m in central Texas and everything west of here is easy… I 35 and I 45 is a different story for sure. Driving out west is a breeze.

(Mike Higdon) #11

Yeah move, I know; but 500+ miles is still a long haul. If I stay in Abilene, I could get up early Sunday morning and be back home in time for afternoon football. On the other hand, I could make it to Lubbock on Friday and still head to Abilene Saturday night.

(Jay C.) #12

United/United Express

(Patrick) #13

The seventh annual Celebrate Cotton game has been set for Saturday, September 15, as the Texas Tech Red Raiders host the Houston Cougars at Jones AT&T Stadium in Lubbock. Kickoff currently is at 3 p.m.

(SKE) #14

I wish I could find and fit into some old coog t shirts from the late 70’s. They were red with the white cougar. They also said 100% cotton, made in Houston Texas. The obvious reference to the cotton bowl appearances. I would wear that into their stadium to celebrate cotton. Not sure if the younger ones would “get it”.

(WRB) #15

Looking for some advice. Are tickets better in the lower or upper decks?

(Gil ) #16

Me and my wife are flying up Fri pm. This will be my first game in Lubbock… and my 79th stadium to see the Coogs play a game. Looking forward to this one!

Go Coogs!

(Alfred Matthews) #17

its not really an upper deck at texas tech’s stadium. their seating is a little different.

A texas tech fan told me section 111 is the visitor’s section.

You can really see the vast wasteland from those seats.

(R. Gene Tanner) #19

THE MRS AND I ARE LOOKING ON MAKING THAT TRIP OVER
TO LUBBOCK FROM HERE IN RUIDOSO N.M. ITS ABOUT A 4
HOUR DRIVE. WOULD LIKE TO SEE A LOT OF COOGS THERE.
WE WENT SEVERAL YEARS AGO BUT WE GOT OUR BUTTS
HANDED TO US. GO COOGS

(Alfred Matthews) #20
  • Tickets on stub hub- check (section 116 row 3)
    -Hotel Booked- check (8 mins from the stadium)

Anyone knows where I can get a cheap flight? :grinning: