Texas Tech Game Road Trip

Anyone planning on going to Lubbock for the game this season? I’m deciding if I want to go. I can get good ticket prices on stub hub and a decent flight/hotel/rental car.

I am taking an RV up there on Friday through Sunday with my son. Should be a good time.

Already got my tickets also, coming up from San Antonio area

Flying up on the 7:40 P.M. nonstop from IAH Friday night, got a pretty good deal on a travel package through Expedia. Hotel is 3.5 miles from the stadium. Flying out Sunday morning.

I’m thinking about going but have a few things I need to settle first before I can commit.

Starting the drive up Thursday afternoon with a pit stop in Austin. The Overton and Hyatt are sold out. I found a La Quinta about a mile from the stadium with reasonable prices.

Most hotels are filling up for Saturday night. I’m in at the Garden Inn. No tickets yet.

What Airline is that through.

I’m driving up and to make the trip easier, I may stay in Sweetwater or Abilene and drive to Lubbock the next day, then back to SW or Abilene Saturday Night, for an easier return Sunday.

Red. All driving is easy out west. I’m in central Texas and everything west of here is easy… I 35 and I 45 is a different story for sure. Driving out west is a breeze.

Yeah move, I know; but 500+ miles is still a long haul. If I stay in Abilene, I could get up early Sunday morning and be back home in time for afternoon football. On the other hand, I could make it to Lubbock on Friday and still head to Abilene Saturday night.

United/United Express

1 Like

The seventh annual Celebrate Cotton game has been set for Saturday, September 15, as the Texas Tech Red Raiders host the Houston Cougars at Jones AT&T Stadium in Lubbock. Kickoff currently is at 3 p.m.

I wish I could find and fit into some old coog t shirts from the late 70’s. They were red with the white cougar. They also said 100% cotton, made in Houston Texas. The obvious reference to the cotton bowl appearances. I would wear that into their stadium to celebrate cotton. Not sure if the younger ones would “get it”.

1 Like

Looking for some advice. Are tickets better in the lower or upper decks?

Me and my wife are flying up Fri pm. This will be my first game in Lubbock… and my 79th stadium to see the Coogs play a game. Looking forward to this one!

Go Coogs!

1 Like

its not really an upper deck at texas tech’s stadium. their seating is a little different.

A texas tech fan told me section 111 is the visitor’s section.

You can really see the vast wasteland from those seats.

1 Like

THE MRS AND I ARE LOOKING ON MAKING THAT TRIP OVER
TO LUBBOCK FROM HERE IN RUIDOSO N.M. ITS ABOUT A 4
HOUR DRIVE. WOULD LIKE TO SEE A LOT OF COOGS THERE.
WE WENT SEVERAL YEARS AGO BUT WE GOT OUR BUTTS
HANDED TO US. GO COOGS

3 Likes
  • Tickets on stub hub- check (section 116 row 3)
    -Hotel Booked- check (8 mins from the stadium)

Anyone knows where I can get a cheap flight? :grinning:

1 Like