Texas Tech Ticket Count

You can also resell them on SeatGeek

Honestly, as much as I love the Coogs, paying $70 to watch Texas Tech come to town is a bit steep. No offense meant to any TT fans.

1 Like

Tech is a P5 team, in state, and has a high paced offense.

Add to that they are undefeated.

This is easily a game people should pay extra to watch compared to other mid P5s.

3 Likes

No way for the Ticket Dept to win this one. If you price it too low, season ticket holders will be ticked they paid a premium. If they price it too high and it doesn’t sell out, fans will be ticked it didn’t sell out.

Unfortunately UH is in a bit of a ticketing limbo
demand for the good seats is reasonably high but demand for the cheap (casual one or two games a year type fans) is still low.

Might as well give the rest of the 200s on the east side to the students. You could maybe do a sale for the upper level corners, but would still have some upset people since they paid more for their tickets (even if they are better).

1 Like

So I got bored, here is what I got for updated tickets left:

Total left: 4943
200 East: 484 (-173)
200 West: 126 (-196)
300 South: 3053 (-556)
300 North: 1280 (-244)

Total sold since Monday morning: 1169

Pray would have to confirm that mini-plans are not separate from the single games (which adds more available). I don’t think they are since I looked up a mini plan and the Tech seats there are also available for single game tickets.

2 Likes

Thanks for doing this. Mini plans tickets pull from single game tickets.

Honestly, that’s not bad at this point of the week. More will get sold later in the week when folks realize they can’t pick tickets up from friends or suddenly realize they need tickets.

Another thing in play is that the Astros are playing at home at noon on Saturday. While they have clinched the division, it is the next to last home game of the season and they usually do fan appreciation stuff that weekend. That may limit the attendees as well.

This is why I’m happy for the 11 am kickoff. I’m going to both games!

And with temple on Saturday, church on Sunday and FUN football in between it’s sure to hurt attendance. Please, there will be a good turn out. Not a sell out like some will claim but there will not be a lack of attendance either. We need to stop looking for excuses

1 Like

Wasn’t making excuses, just pointing out a fact.

1 Like

If the tickets were $30 and we still didn’t sell out, I’d blame the 11am time. Right now, all I’ve seen or heard is that $65 is just a little more than some want to pay to see the game in person. I haven’t heard anyone say “well if the game was at night, I’d pay the $65.”

1 Like

It ain’t just here:

Schools are becoming more and more commonly known for having higher-priced tickets for the more marquee games on their home schedule, and Iowa is no exception. Iowa has tiered ticket pricing for their home games, and Penn State being the defending conference champion with a decent traveling fanbase made this week’s matchup an ideal fit for being priced in the higher tier. Later this year, Iowa’s home game against Ohio State will also be priced at $95. $95, for some, is not worth the effort to go to a game and tailgate all day. It may be fine for a good number of fans, but it’s not for everybody.

I paid the $65 for a second level end zone ticket, but honestly it was a bit higher than I wanted to pay. I considered missing the game and just saving the money for future games instead. Money is extremely tight right now for me and it probably was not a wise purchase when all things are considered.

1 Like

I dont care what time we play. I dont care who we play. We should pack that 40,000 stadium every game. We have over 100,000 alumni in Houston. We have a winning program. We have a up to date stadium with Beer. Give back to the university that gave you options for you and your family.

7 Likes

Sorry to burst your bubble but they changed the Astros game that day to 12:05PM for FOX

and wine and liquor.

1 Like

Thanks for telling me. My girl doesn’t like football, but loves baseball. She would have been upset. Guess she will go to the Astros game with someone else, but first she will have to download the MLB app.

1 Like

Does anybody know exactly how many seats we have in the stadium? If we got 42,822 in the stadium, I doubt they allowed almost 3k standing room only tickets. I know some have said it might be a little more than 40k in actual seats.

Btw, go back and look at attendance numbers in 2015. We have come a long way as I know we wont have any games below 30k. Last year we had tons of season tickets grabbed by ticket brokers and more casual fans getting them because of OU/Louisville. Pretty impressive we had almost 39k for Rice and this game will be around 40k not selling any cheap tickets to it.

All I know is we have 44 less seats than last year due to the seat backs being added in two sections.