Thank you Major Applewhite

Backups, equipment guys, some coaches.

3 Likes

We play in the AAC and we reside in a city that puts out 100s of D1 football players on a yearly basis.

There should never be a reason to rebuild in this crappy conference.

2 Likes

Right, starting true freshmen across the board against grown men is the recipe for success. lol There are no gimmies in college football, no matter what conference you’re in.

Which true freshmen are those and are we starting more than other teams? For example, both UT and Aggy have true freshmen QBs.

It’s a gamble, but not a recipe for success.

Right, starting true Freshmen is not a recipe for success. That is a question for those who run the program why we have no depth in a city that puts out 100s of D1 players on a yearly basis. We are not in the Tex10 or the SEC. We play small private schools and a basketball school in our division. There is NO excuse.

Yeah it would be great to have a 5 star QB on the roster. Oh yeah - we got one already.

2 Likes

Because dozens of teams know that this city puts out hundreds of D1 players on an annual basis, and as such, we’re competing against dozens of teams for anyone with a pulse

The mediocre quarterback didn’t give up 42 points in the second half, though he did turn it over twice.

You don’t build depth by starting true freshmen, you do it by giving them in game reps.

We gave a teenager the keys to the new sports car and he doesn’t know how to drive stick.

I won’t be captain obvious, regarding how upset or bad this game was in the end. Instead, I will say to please come to the coaches show and let off some steam by asking the coach the tough questions. I believe we can be candid and calm with questions.

And, we had two recruiting classes in a row at the end of Levine’s tenure that were not good which make up the majority of our junior/senior classes.

The folks running the program at the time are no longer running the program.

Can’t see the forest for the trees. Did you play football, or any sports for that matter? You think getting pumped up means nothing? lol. Even pros like to get pumped up! Man some people here are crazy blind fans!

Again with the offense argument !!

“WE SHOULD ALWAYS BE 13-0 AND WIN EVERY GAME BY 10000 OR WE SHOULD FIRE THE COACH BECAUSE INTERNET EVEN THOUGH THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED HERE EVER.” Coogfans

3 Likes

You forgot to add that diehard Coogfans will boycott the games to demonstrate true loyalty.

1 Like

Haven’t seen you at the games last couple of years, how you doing?

Lol I played football in high school, ran track, played the wing on the court, and played soccer. I grew out of playing sports and took the academic route. I also am working towards a coaching gig. Don’t come at me with credentials. Getting pumped doesn’t guarantee squat. Ole lying Tom has had UT-Austin pumped for quite some time now, how many games have they won? If you want to talk football, let’s talk football. I’d prefer you’d make substantiate a point with some sort of evidence, instead of a personal and slanted view.

3 bowl wins under 1 qb would have been a record in respect to vegas
that game also cost us a top 25 finish

Rich, if you’re asking me, I haven’t missed but 2 home games in the last umpteen years. I confess the round-trip commute is beginning to get old.
Doing well, thanks. Getting old is hell. I swear I’ve never heard so much whining!!:grinning: