That second half vs Texas Tech

I’m still upset over that second half vs Texas Tech and I think we will realize how important that opportunity was.

Had we found a way to hold on to a 21-7 lead, we would be:

• Either be ranked right now or close to it, with a win over a P5 (remember we started in the Others receiving votes category)
  • Would have much more buzz around the program …due to the play ON the field
  • could be one of the few in the driver’s seat for a NY6 bowl
  • would feel a million times better about CDH

I know coulda, woulda, shoulda…but these opportunities matter and they don’t come often.

We can still win the rest of our games but we’d still be viewed as having a cup cake schedule and losing a game to one of the worst squads in the B12.

1 Like

Gotta recruit some big receivers to battle for those jump balls like Tech did. Also, that Tech lineman that destroyed our guard was superhuman.

1 Like

You’re looking at the game all wrong. In my humble opinion it was a brilliant strategic move. Remember in 2016 the Big 12 was considering adding two team including UH. UT was ambivalent but because of political pressure would have supported our add and TT would have done what it was told. TCU and Baylor were against us. OU was leaning toward support and the rest of the B8 schools would do what OU wanted. With 8 of 10 votes we were in. We beat OU, they became a hard no along with the rest of the of the b8 teams.
This time we lost to TT and were voted into the B12. We won by losing this year.

6 Likes

We threw the game? Lol

That’s my story and I’m sticking with it.

3 Likes

I love college football because every game is so important. I hate college football because people act like the season is over after one loss.

3 Likes

It depends which side of the line you are on…Alabama & Ohio State and those type can afford a stupid loss…we cannot!

Its college football. There are over a hundred teams but somehow if your not Alabama your season is over. Its a really dumb way to follow a sport or team you like.

1 Like

1 Like

I tend to think of us as a work in progress with us getting better each year. Tech was a solid matchup and showed us where we need to improve. I would rather learn out of conference and still have the goal of making our conference championship game.

1 Like

©Copyright 2017 Coogfans.com