The Baylor scandal hasn’t kept Kendal Briles from the recruiting trail in Texas

Not the Oline coach to help with holes or the 4 other coaches or the fact that James Casey is Special teams coordinator or the fact that Major knows and is not prideful to keep a hot mess going like other stubborn coaches. Yeah, your math is spot on. Its a team effort.

1 Like

Oline is offense. Any defensive changes ?

Safties coach and a Cornerbacks coach. No one should ever trust a word you say since you don’t even know what coaching changes were made.

2 Likes

I don’t mind learning something new but in this coming year, briles will make all the difference.

Both sides have an agenda. What happened to Brenda Tracy is horrific, and I don’t doubt her testimony of it. Having said that, she is utilizing her story to gain popularity and money in the SJW world we live in. I don’t have a problem with it, make all the money you can, but she does have an agenda. Houston has an agenda as well - PR.

1 Like

Seriously? Do you think the University decided to invite a random person who wanted to talk about nothing in particular? How could there not be an agenda on either side?

I’m hoping our AD realizes that Briles has potential and that Applewhite is a talentless fraud with a glass ceiling. I’ve just seen enough of CMA.

Briles to be named UH’S HC after this season!

And I remember his father saying he had a job for life at UH! And you really think if he does well he’ll stick around?? Share what you are smoking.

1 Like

It’s realistic to think we would have briles for three years. This year as oc and two years as head coach. After that it’s iffy whether he would get poached but three years and build would be better than reverting back to just applewhite.

Let me get this straight. Some of y’all are advocating that we go ahead and run off Applewhite to give the head coaching job to a guy who has never been a head coach at any level, and whose primary coaching experience has been with a program that was (at best) managed terribly? Really?

Lol

6 Likes

So…wait…we’re going to fire Applewhite if the offense suddenly turns around and we have a great season. Why would we do this barring a scandal of some sort?

I mean, I understand that this would be in play if Applewhite leaves for another job, but there’s no way we fire Applewhite just because the offense turns around and we have a good season. He oversees the entire team and was the final decision-maker in bringing Briles aboard.

5 Likes

I think the opioid problem is becoming more apparent. :grinning:

4 Likes

Someone mentioned the one and done at FAU. FAU is in CUSA, several rungs below the AAC. i think everyone recognizes that the AAC is the “Best of the rest” conference and is becomming deeper and more respected each season. Plus, Briles played here, his Dad played and coached here and he met his future wife here. I expect that he hangs around for at least a few seasons.

That said, ANY improvements to our boring, predictable offense is welcome and I expect us to win a few more than seven games next year.

1 Like

I’m calling it now, applewhite is not going to leave UH because someone offers him a head coaching gig at a better program.

1 Like

Everybody relax and take a step back. There is not one single reason to go after each other. You don’t agree with the hire? Fine and I respect your decision. I was on your side until Mrs. Khator was fine with it. Like many of you I have children, two young daughters.
Crimes against children, women, elderly is not defensible. There are no doubts in my mind that we are way too far lenient. Penalties/convictions should be much more stronger. At the same time no one and I mean no one should try to teach us a lesson. How many rapes have occurred on every single campus in America or abroad? Too often Chancellors or Presidents turn the other way. Aren’t they complicit? Shouldn’t they go to jail? Where is the universal outcry? How many cases have been swept under the rug for fear of making the headlines news? The latest statistics are unbelievable. We should not have hired Briles? So you do not belief in the vetting of your own School? Respect Mrs. Khator hire. I trust her more than anybody on this.
Brenda is coming back after tweeting her dismay in early January. I look at it as a positive sign. That dialogue should always be part of education. You respect one another on and off the field.
Now let me ask you this. I did not grew up with cheerleaders but what kind of a message do cheerleaders send? Sex sells and always will but aren’t we hypocritical having semi naked cheerleaders on the sideline? There are there to cheer you might argue. Cheer semi naked? I am no puritan. European beaches have all of the scenery that you can see and I am fine with it but its on the beach. We are being hypocrites. I trust Mrs. Khator and you should too.

3 Likes

People are forgetting that KB played at UH. He received his degree at UH. He met and married a UH athlete. His father played and coached at UH. He coached under two of the best offensive minds in college football:
Art Briles and Lane Kiffin.

What KB does in the future will be in the best interest of KB, but he has more of an emotional and cultural investment in UH than did Pardee, Jenkins, Helton, Dimel, Sumlin, Herman or Applewhite. He may do as other successful UH OC have done in recent years (Holgersen and Kingsbury) and leave in a couple of years.

Then again, given his ties to UH, perhaps he’ll hang around for a few years longer and work hard to make the UH football program successful. Personally, I’m fine with whatever he chooses to do, but I hope that if, or when, he leaves, the program will be in better shape than when he arrived.

1 Like

Guys, I’m not naive, I know there’s a PR aspect from both sides with Tracy visiting.

What I meant by agenda is I hope she doesn’t come in set on ripping the program to shreds, as many of the replies to her tweet are requesting, and I hope that Briles/Clements are cordial and don’t try to defend Art during the meeting, as what happened at Baylor when she was pulled aside by an unnamed assistant.

Things could go very badly if either happens.

2 Likes

Do you mean like his dad - who played for UH and received his first head coaching job from UH? He came back only to leave at the first opportunity and do so in a really unethical way. Then, on his way out he repeatedly criticized the program, and school possibly. Old set of golf clubs, if I remember correctly? Left the kids a bare bones set of coaches for a bowl game and took our recruits AND players.

Until I see irrefutable evidence to the contrary, I trust this family as far as I can throw’em. I hope our AD knows he’s out the door at his first opportunity. This family, morals and allegiances have a very loose connection, unlike this family and money.

That’s why they were such a great fit for Baylor

She is not coming to play nice, she is coming to do a hatchet job.

5 Likes