The Blaze

Who gives a rats @ss about judas’ opinion of UH traditions? Keep the Frontiersman and the Blaze. Bring back the GROWL!

3 Likes

He was an outsider looking in at the time he made that comment. It was right when he got here, or shortly after, I think. You guys don’t have to agree, but it’s clear that there are others who do.

I vote replace the blaze with a modern siren. I don’t care if the Frontiersmen stay or go.

Would placing the guts of the Blaze with a modern siren work for you? It would for me (actually suggested that at some point). Just don’t see a reason to throw out the history of having the Blaze at the game.

1 Like

This debate may someday reach palm tree proportions.

One can only hope.

3 Likes

I actually wondered what was wrong when UH first scored during the Arizona game. At first thought that it was another change like the players not going up to the students and doing a chant while some wore chains.

Hope we get it fixed and I will not miss the new pregame what ever we are now doing. I do not see the cards so I do not know what they are saying and I cannot hear anything being chanted over the PA music.

What I have missed for years is the growl. Unfortunately while changing stations I have landed on a Northwestern game for two consecutive weekends. Wouldn’t you know it, I spent 2 minutes or less watching before Northwestern got a first down and over the PA came the growl and first down…

Man I miss when UH got a first down and many in our section mimicked it. But hey, so what, the adm. will tell you what to chant, say, etc. The heck with doing something that makes a whole section participate throughout the game. Right.

2 Likes

Here’s my quick summary of what goes on after a touchdown:

• Fireworks
  • Pushups while the crowd counts
  • Ringing bell
  • The Blaze
  • Running across the field with flags
  • Helmet car driven across the end zone
  • Entire alumni side turning away from the field to catch t-shirts from the club level

That’s quite a bit, did I miss anything?

3 Likes

It is a finely tuned series of activities, right?:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Now that you mention it, We should put siren in the palm trees.

5 Likes

Went to the Cowboys game last weekend (first this year even though I have season tickets) and it was so anticlimactic after TDs. Sure, you yell and cheer for a little while the players celebrate, until the kicker comes out, then its over! It just felt like something was missing. That is what is so great about college football.

1 Like

Return of Blaze and the season’s downturn? A coincidence?