The moral of this story

Don’t be too cute with the rules on redshirting.

You might get a kick in the rear.

4 Likes

And the moral of your post should be to not comment on something you are unknowledgeable about… not a good look for you

14 Likes

Seemed to work just fine for the guys who had the idea.

1 Like

I have watched this thing for 38 years.

I get to comment on anything I like.

2 Likes

Yep, ol’ Poppa King really made a mess when he had his son shut it down

1 Like

Not sure who was being cute. Seems to me like King wanted to play elsewhere, cloaked it in, "I’ll be back, and Dana took him at his word.

At worst it was a mutual decision. But its become increasing apparent that it wasn’t Dana forcing the issue.

8 Likes

HCNY, I’m just wondering who you think was being cute? And why?

Nope. This kinda talk is not what we want on Coogfans. Disagree without being disagreeable please.

5 Likes

In? :thinking:

2 Likes

In!

2 Likes

In.

2 Likes

Multiple credible sources have already come out and confirmed D’eriq and his dad were behind King’s decision to redshirt after the Tulane game. Similarly, many on this board have already echoed that same information in multiple topics on this board and I think 99.9 percent of us are ready to move on. I’m sorry but anyone still creating topics to come after our program or coaches over the red shirt thing is acting as a troll, whether that be purposefully or by accident I don’t know.
Ready to move forward. Go Coogs!

1 Like

Moral of this story…he gone!

2 Likes

Red80:

The Coach.

Yes within the rules. No question about that. But it was a manipulation for purposes that did not work out. Redshirt rules were never intended to stack the deck for the future.

As Sammy Davis Jr. sang, don’t roll the dice if you can’t pay the price.

HCNY a troll. No way.

Our job as fans is to cheer during games and to critique and complain all other times.

2 Likes

that is exactly what the redshirt rules are for.

8 Likes

I thought it was to make a youngster stronger or an injured student athlete recover from an injury.

2 Likes

Healthy and strong athletes often take redshirts in order to better learn “the system” or other reasons.

King redshirted himself, and the manipulation that followed was his, as well.

2 Likes

Dana didn’t plan this ‘manipulation’. Wasn’t his idea…Poppa King shut it down and ultimately the Kings decided to go against their word and leave.

3 Likes

1 Like