The Most Successful Sports Program

The men and women’s T&F teams are undoubtedly the most successful sports programs at UH. There is no reason that we can’t compete with Arkansas and Oregon on the national scene on a yearly basis. Leroy Burrell is an outstanding head coach and the men’s program has improved with the addition of Carl Lewis.

3 Likes

Historically, it would be men’s golf due to the number of championship appearances and national championships won.

From a current perspective, I agree the men’s track and field have been the most successful. I hope we keep this winning streak up and being home multiple championships in the upcoming years. We are due one!

1 Like

We have a good chance at the Outdoor National title this year. What the coaches have done to set UH up for this kind of success is incredible. We are truly a power in track and field and look to be one for the foreseeable future. There are no limits with this program.

1 Like

Agreed, throughout our history, golf ranks #1 in terms of winning national championships.

Current history, T&F ranks #1 among UH programs in terms of conference championships and individual national honors.

Also, we’ve had numerous track stars win individual NCAA championships, and as a team I believe UH is building program to compete on the national scene with the likes of Oregon and Arkansas.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more and let’s hope to sustain it and bring the women side up also.