The reason that the Little 10 should invite U of H into the conference

That is a lie. Under 60 and know Everything Eatemup is talking about. Do not speak for me. BTW, yes Eatemup is correct.

3 Likes

If you took a poll of fans entering the stadiums at Baylor, Iowa State, TCU or Kansas etc. and asked them if they hate UH, you think a majority of the fans surveyed would say yes? If so, you think they would cite the reason that EatEmUp did?

I doubt any of them think about UH, let alone hate UH.

3 Likes

I could ONly speak for me. I felt hate coming from UT fans after they beat us at Robertson 53 - 26. I was a student and Old as well as young fans were screaming at us and saying a bunch of vulgar things to us as we left our stadium after the loss. Texas fans were out of line. Had Texas Tech fans throwing Beer on My Wife and I as we were at the 29 - 28 victory over Tech at Robertson Stadium in 2009. Lived in the central Texas region after wedding and left a furniture store without buying anything because the UT jerk hated my Coog jersey and felt the need to let me and my wife know about it to our faces. And on and on. I am in my 40s but I felt it from student days to starting a family and afterwards. Just my testimony and I agree with Mr Eatemup. U can’t speak for the 20 somethings…but for my generation, we felt it. Eatemup is 50 years senior than me.

5 Likes

Sad, but true; history is no longer taught - anywhere. As the old saying goes - “those who refuse to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it!” Sadly, many young people still believe that UH is a “primitive” school, located in a “ghetto”; that is what they think - because that is what they have been taught!

I have known people who are even afraid to go to our campus at night! I have been going out there now for something like 75 years, often to attend things presented at night, and I have never seen a single unpleasant incident! Not one!

5 Likes

A majority of Texas Tech fans want UH in the BIG12. There was some video out there explaining how Boston College and TCU both got into P5s, and it had nothing to really do with winning or losing. Winning was a bonus, but it was much more on the edge of marketing the University of Houston as a destination school and stadium

The potential TV dollars UH can generate, the atmosphere it provides, the market it can create for people in Houston, rivalries, games, and more is what will get us P5. We’re already strong in the other sports, just have to get Football a bit up, pack the cage, showcase that people give a damn about where they went (aka here), outside of CoogFans, and we WILL be looked at.

UH is already being hyped up as an Academic. BIG12 students think so, people around the US think so. Basketball is getting on the map, Football is known to be tanky, but whatever. If we can showcase that we love the Uni and have it become talking point for people to want to be there, and create an atmosphere at events, wear Red on Fridays, throw up paws to other alums, we’re bound to see something in the works.

4 Likes

Most people don’t really recognize that on the other side of I-35 in Austin, UT is very close to their “ghetto”. You never hear a peep about that. Found that out in Central Texas and working in Austin.

2 Likes

Really? How much winning did Baylor do prior to their invite?

4 Likes

So very right! I used to park over in that area most times when we played the whorns; it was THAT close to their stadium - just across the freeway - and safe, naturally!

1 Like

Once again, this will never happen. Remember way back in 2016 when everyone thought we were a lock for an invitation and we learned later that Bowlsby was only interested in data? I do. That was lesson enough. Not gonna happen.

2 Likes

But how is that relevant to UH’s situation today? Are you saying that Governor Abbott will force the Big 12 to include UH? Apples and oranges…

1 Like

Abbott is very vocal about UH being in a Power 5, esp. the Big 12.

3 Likes

He has to be. He is the governor and has a good relationship with Renu. It won’t do anything though. He can’t go to the Big 12 and make them add UH. Baylor got in because the governor at the time was a Baylor grad. They lucked their way in. It’s not the same situation today.

4 Likes

I got feeling we are not going anywhere. Most of us will be long gone from this earth before UH ever gets invited to the P5

2 Likes

I like the AAC.

1 Like

The aac is just as good as any p5.

3 Likes

Except for the $$$$$$$$.

7 Likes

Yes, it is; but it pays way less!

7 Likes

As mentioned before, if we can create a MARKET out of UH, we’ll get in somewhere. The conspiracy theories of recruiting and all will just lie with the Big 12, other conferences will come a knockin if they can make bigger bucks playing Houston/getting Houston people to show up to their stadiums

2 Likes

I think that is correct. We have to build UH football into a consistent conference champion and top 25 program. We have shown the potential but we haven’t been able to build a consistent championship level program.

We have invested in facilities and coaches and we have a great natural recruiting area. So the base is there but now it is time to build the house.

What the American is lacking is two dominant teams every year. We have one every year. One gives you a good story about a single team but two would give you a good story about the conference and have a game that spotlights the conference. The AAC has had one great team and a couple of pretty good teams. We need two every year.

4 Likes

Abbott was probably talking to a group of UH alumni. Abbot, like all politicians, is only there to tell whoever he is speaking to, what they want to hear. Abbott is a UT graduate. If you believe anything he says about this, well, I’m not sure what to say.

4 Likes