The Road to the BIG12 is now in the Final Steps

Yep, and there’s a 0.00% chance they hold a special meeting to give Dr. K authority to negotiate a contract in anticipation of a receiving an invite they are less than 100% sure is actually coming. I’ve been doing my best to not get my hopes up after the last Big 12 expansion debacle, but this is actually happening this time!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TheHRReview/status/1435286555632017415?s=19

From our Basketball writer who does great job covering Coog Basketball!!

8 Likes

Get 'er done.

I think they probably have to be until an invitation has been officially and publicly made. I haven’t seen anything official from the other schools being invited either.

1 Like
3 Likes

Nothing will be announced officially until we are accepted as a new member by the Big 12, probably this Friday.

From what I followed n gathered the next step is for ea School to send in their formal application to BIG12 asking to be accepted into the League, should happen within next 24 hrs.Then once the Conf has all applications from the 4 schools being considered they will have a vote amongst the Presidents of ea current School for formal approval and Invite. I’m really more waiting to hear abt the details on how everything will play out as it comes to when/dividing up schools etc.
Should be soon.

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1435303732598775809?s=19

Now have it from our main 2 sources who follow the Program on local basis.

3 Likes

Poppin Bottles let the champagne flow lol

3 Likes

I see the BIG12 being a 16 Team League by 2025 and meaning all 16 playing in Conf by then . This will seal its Autonomous & P5 status.

EDIT: I would surmise Bowlsby n Staff had convos w other potential suiters and said get all your ducks in row the ball is moving quickly. Allows the USF, ColoradoSt and even someone like Memphis get out of that 70 yr old Stadium n gain approval for Campus stadium. jmo

dont forget that someone linked the actual BOR call, there goes source #3 lol

2 Likes

hmmm, didn’t know the actual audio call was on the Link. Nice!

Listen to the link. This really did happen.

Now it’s up to the Big 12 to say yeah or nay.

STAY TUNED!!!

1 Like

AAC bylaws keeps us on the hook until December 2023, with a 10 million exit fee. About 12 million to start big12 play in 2023.

1 Like

I think if we put in an application along with the other 3 then I think it is done. It’s just the process.

1 Like

If ESPN wants to cash us out to get things moving it could be beneficial for them.

10 million or 12 million is small potatoes.

1 Like

Yes, the application (read in 2 diff sites) came from the BIG12, not like they could just go grap it from the internet n send in. And I’m not trying to be smart… so apologies in advance but didn’t know how else to explain it. I read where UH would send theirs along w BYU no later than Wed, not sure abt the other Schools, so Vote could take place asap. Can’t give AAC notice until the Approval is complete, that’s why the urgency is there. All signs point to Summer 2023 as transition from one League to the other.

1 Like

The BOR didn’t specify which conference the administration can negotiate with.

What if the PAC got off their behinds and came in with a better deal today?

2 Likes

Very nice and timely post and yes it deserved it own post. After 2.5 decades of being blocked the investments we have made in our AD has proved out and validated our entry into the Big 12 when they needed us, BYU, UC, and UCF the most to save the future of the Big 12 and to maintain its P5 status. Tilman is absolutely right, its a good day to be a Coog!!

Congrats to all members of our AD, all of your contributions have gone a long ways in justifying this long deserved recognition and promotion.

3 Likes

I’m still hoping that UT ponies up big bucks to get to the SEC, and that the Big 12 then uses that money to pay our exit fees.

That way, we start in the Big 12 next season with no out of pocket expense!

4 Likes