The rumor drill: How coaches handle job speculation

The rumor drill: How coaches handle job speculation
Chronicle Subscriber Link
Google Search Link

“We’re a very transparent program,” senior linebacker Steven Taylor said. “Coach Herman told us straightforward that he’s not listening to anything. He’s all-in just like we are. He said it would be unfair for us to have to deal with that distraction. He stepped on that roach before it got in the kitchen.”

1 Like

Thanks for posting. This Saturday is starting to look good.
Navy beat ND. Whorns are leading TT, and if LSU beats Bama we may get to hold on to our coach!

Lsu did not win, but it was not an embarrassing loss . It came down to the wire. It is still a loss, but do y’all think the folks at LSU will bring out their torches for that loss?

The fans (and some boosters) love Coach O. I think he would have to completely crap the bed for him not to get the job permanently. The turnaround after Les has been amazing. I think that a win against Alabama would have cemented the deal, but losing 10-0 won’t hurt much, IMO.

1 Like

Strong is looking …well…stronger at UT, Jimbo Fisher appears to be having second thoughts about going to LSU, and Helton is doing much better at USC, and Coach O is a native son and a perfect fit for LSU. Add to that it appears to this observer that CTH has decided that he is not yet ready to move to an elite program. Please remember that he turned down other head coaching jobs because he did not think he was ready. It is my opinion that we will have CTH for between 1 and 5 years.

1 Like