The ticketing department can never just leave things alone

So on the website and thru emails, we all have been told season ticket renewals for basketball starts Feb 15th. So I went to the website clicked on the link that takes me to my account for renewing the tickets, but what do you know there is no access to renew the tickets. I just got off the phone with the ticketing office who puts me on hold then comes back and states that they will need to call me back. Per the words of the ticketing office, there are things they are still working on with the renewals.

Once again the ticketing office is not prepared for something. If you are going to publicize to all UH fans a certain date on something then make sure you are ready for that date. Where do they find the heads for the ticketing department? With my UH HRM degree and minor marketing, I swear I could do better than some of these bozos who are said to have years of experience in ticketing. We want to in a P5 conference yet we can’t even run our ticketing department efficiently.

2 Likes

And now I get a call back from a Jeremiah at the ticketing office officially saying ticket renewals will not start today. I asked him if this is even with all the publication of them starting on the 15th and he said yes even with that they are not starting today. You have to think Tilman has no idea this is going on. He runs Landrys on such a tight ship. I believe that if he knew about the mismanagement of the ticketing office he would clean house at the department or at least demand whoever is in charge of it to clean house.

3 Likes

Email the AD!

1 Like

The thing is that this is nothing new with the UH ticketing department. They are always making blunders like this. The AD is blind if he doesn’t see what is going on. How many emails do we he have to send? Emailing doesn’t seem to make a difference because no matter who the AD is the problems continue.

Ok, then email Dr. Khator.

Little early for basketball season ticket renewals isn’t it? The season is still going!

Smells like a price increase is coming, and they’re waiting to see how far we go before establishing it. I hope I’m wrong.

Ahhhhh, the first chicken little thread of the 2019-2020 basketball season !

6 Likes

Those who have season tickets have been given the opportunity to renew between now and May 15 at the exact same price as last year.

More than likely, if you don’t renew in this timeframe, you’ll be paying more afterwards.

1 Like

For sure email the AD. I know we have had problems year over year but also this is what Pezman’s first year or is he in year two now? I would imagine he knows but it is worth the email.

I believe he just started year 2.

I wonder if this is how they do it at Alabama.

Pls, nooooo.

The ticket office has been a dumpster fire for years - mostly since Ned Thompson retired, and that has been a very long time ago! By all means, complain to the AD, but write a letter instead of sending an email; hard copies are very hard to ignore. A copy to Renu Khator, and another to Tilman Fertitta, might be a good idea too; maybe originals to those two and a copy to Pezman.

On another subject regarding the ticket office: I have wondered why they don’t build a small parking lot, reserved for people with business at the ticket office, right in front of the office; they have space there. Why make people have to walk all the way from the parking garage to conduct ticket business; are we trying to make it easy - or difficult?

5 Likes

They had a whole marketing campaign on the athletic website that renewals started Feb 15th. They also listed all these incentives they are going to give out to entice ticket holders to renew as early as possible. The campaign was supposed to be between Feb 15th thru May 15th. I guess they will move back the giveaway timeline. I just don’t understand how you announce all of this and are not ready for the rollout. I just wanted to put this thread up and see if everyone else knew about this. I just think it a really bad look in a business sense for the university. I’m going to renew my tickets either way. I just wonder if we should be holding UH to higher standards.

Probably because a deep tournament run in March will drive demand 10 fold $$$$

Customer service at UH has always been bad though. So, nothing new here. Heck, I was interrogated by 6 security guards for 20 minutes for just taking a photo of the campus, and threatened with a criminal trespassing charge. After that incident (2013) I never stepped foot back in campus again…expect for the football games…it’s like…they had no trainings.

No, it’s not how they do it at Alabama.

Renewal starts Monday at 12 according to the email I just received. I hope everybody body survives this terrible injustice perpetuated on us!

3 Likes

LOL!

3 Likes