The time draws nigh

Explain to me how Aresco avoids a raid on his conference.

When is the raid?

The Mouse

2 Likes
3 Likes

I don’t know but I’m keeping the lights on. My Coogs have suffered from conference mayhem too much for me to be comfortable. Somebody give me some encouragement.

1 Like

@WoodMarkCos

has had some good stuff today that might comfort you.

1 Like

Mickey gives Aresco a memo explaining to teams where they will be if they think about shoring up the zombie conference.

2 Likes

By raiding first. B12 can’t live with 8. They could go West and try to pick up 4 out there but they would not be any better than the AAC still. They’re effed.

That said…probably a which school from which conference blinks first. If the B12 was smart they be adding up the cash they can offer the top 6 AAC teams. B12 commish’s recent antics don’t lead me to believe he is in fact smart.

2 Likes

I’m actually optimistic this time. It’s good to see the pretenders getting knocked aside.

We may be making some hay soon!

6 Likes

Well, the only encouragement I feel that is palpable is the B12 can’t offer a bunch of money to newbies because they don’t even know who’ll be broadcasting there games in two years.

That being said, I think there are at least four AAC teams that would jump just to find out.

1 Like

The Leftover 8 and 8 teams from the AAC create the Big American Conference. We BAC!

8 Likes

That’s my hope actually.

1 Like

I think the reality is that’s it not up to Aresco. It’s up to the schools. For the AAC schools it’s do you have faith in ESPN taking care of you. You can jump ship to the big 12 to make a little more money right now, but you run the risk of the conference being Fox’s version of the AAC when renegotiations happen in 2025. ESPN is the future of college football, and the AAC contract is in that future. The big 12 schools have to decide if they are willing to accept ESPNs evaluation of them. If not choose to stick it out, hope fox is kind to you and move on. But know ESPN won’t do you any favors.

1 Like

That’s correct. I’m more worried about the world we inherit if we’re left behind in a depleted AAC.

2 Likes

Raid by whom?

B12 leftovers.

Their junkyard is full.

1 Like

Lol. Brevity, in this case, is the soul of wit.

2 Likes

Tru dat Funk!

3 Likes

I don’t know why I can’t stop laughing at that.

1 Like