The "Way Too Early Top 25" Thread

The only reason he didn’t last year was because he was so inconsistent. He would score 23 one game and 4 the next. I think he’ll work those kinks out going into next year. Can’t wait to see it!

I have no problem with being “inconsistent” in the context of our team as a whole and scoring point (efficiency is another story). If he scores 30 two games in a row and we play Virginia or something and they put their all-american defender on him and he scores zero, but Grimes has a 30 point game because now he isn’t getting the attention… it all works out.
Now if he lays a goose egg because he shoots 30 shots and misses that’s another story.

1 Like

Hopefully we can hold on and Grime it out!!

2 Likes

@Jesse22…you forgot to add the rimshot. :smiley:

1 Like

I generally agree with this as far as next season is concerned since we’ll have so many weapons. I see his junior year as his lead the AAC in scoring type year.

But either way he needs to get more efficient, and I expect he will. Last year his TS% was 49% which really isn’t very good. Granted, he’s shooting more difficult shots than most people. He needs to get to the basket and the line more, get more transition buckets, more 3’s and just shoot a little better generally, which should all come.

Agreed.

Hate to see this…Shaka’s Last Stand

1 Like

Recruiting has not been the problem…

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1254519144428580871

6 Likes

#11 Houston

1 Like

Interesting how he settled on the NBA draft guys especially when people on here are citing the interview with Rothstein where DeJon mentioned coming back:

Rothstein has Jarreau leaving and Hinton coming back on his analysis/projections.

Edit: See under ‘key losses’. Also don’t think the interview that DJ gave was with Rothstein. But poster who mentioned it can clarify for us.

Jarreau was on IG live with Marcus Sloan who runs OTRexposure.com and it sounded like he was just looking for feedback and planned on being back.

3 Likes

Will his impact be as big as Mo Bamba, Myles Turner, Jaxson Hayes, Jarrett Allen? They got close to winning a tournament game with those guys! LMAO. I wonder if UT fans even get excited with a signing like that anymore. I guess it’s good if they are getting a return on their investment with donations from those NBA contracts, otherwise it was a waste having them on campus for a few months.

1 Like

Sounds like he may have already gotten some feedback.

Maybe not sure what the timeline is this year.

As of right now, the deadline to withdraw your name from the draft and maintain college eligibility is June 3rd @ 11:59pm.

1 Like

Found it. Was @pesik post on the Grimes One More Day to Declare thread. It will be interesting to see what the final outcome is. Without sports, it is easy to follow this stuff more over the next couple of months:

1 Like

you took it out of context. i was refereing to the marcus sloan interview with dejon, then someone asked if grimes was coming back and i said he (grimes) announced he was coming back via rothstein

2 Likes

ok. got it. thanks for clearing it up. I have to say I just skim stuff so I see how I got crossed up on the two topics. Rothstein seems pretty plugged in to Sampson and the team so I am going to go with his projection.

thanks for the follow up and explanation. wasn’t a big deal for me but I did not realize I had the wrong “he”

2 Likes