They can't be this stupid

Baylor fans resort to prayer to get Briles his job back.

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308220

This is just gross to me.

Sorta reminds moi of the civil war when both sides were praying to same Yahweh for victory.

What are these BofRs gonna receive … visions … bolts of lightning in their patooties … visitations from Knute Rockne on loan from Notre Dame … maybe …

The latest from another article in another posting is the BofRs will vote NYET!!! … or there is still negotiations between AB and the regents on the final settlement and threats from both sides on how many secrets will be reveal to get their way … I am certain Jehovah finds that ah hoot in his considerations to those prayers … :innocent:

Even Baylor alumna, editorial writer for DMN, calls for death penalty. enter link description here

Sorry not a DMN subscriber so I am not allowed to read the article but we will take your word for the content.

The death penalty IS NOT ON THE TABLE … the NCAA won’t even slap the cubbies hand since no football violations or rules were broken … so croakesville isn’t being considered.

I suspect if the cubbies carry on with trying to reinstate AB … someone will eventually find a way initiate a penalty WORSE THAN DEATH … and

I gather this Baylor alum writer IS NOT one of the praying baptist …

The link opened right up for me, definitely not a DMN subscriber.

I am pretty sure rules have been broken. Lack of institutional control is a NCAA punishable offense per my understanding, and impermissible benefits are, well, impermissible, unless they found evidence that Briles and his staff were helping every rapist in Waco avoid prosecution.

THAT the best ya got … get in line with the rest … and take a number …

Uhhh … “pretty sure” won’t buy ya tea in Singapore … and

Gul darn absolutely without ah doubt … may get ya some sushi in Tokyo …

NEXT … and

please forget the "round up the usual “something just has to have been broken” NCAA-wise …

IF anyone DOES do anything drastic to punish Baylor it will be the Big12 … who have to date stayed out and let the cubbies handle all this as an internal matter … HOWEVER

it would seem the bears have become blatantly fool hardy in now attempting to bring back AB after surviving the NCAA without a shot being fired … just the media and press unleashed a barrage that would make the NRA proud and survived even that.

I suspect the Big12 can live with the bears stripping themselves to bare bone with self emasculation … BUT not with any further embarrassment to the conference … as in reinstatement or even talk of it …

If you Google Sharon Grigsby from DMN and death penaly you can read her piece. Don’t need to be a subscriber; I am not. She’s appeared both locally and nationally (ESPN) and has been very adamant about Baylor considering dropping football.

I suspect ISIS will become non-violent peace lovers and the aggies checkerboard their end zones in burnt orange …

BEFORE …

The cubbies give up football …

Ms. Grigsby probably NEVER attended any games at McLane and was no doubt a nerdy cub staying in her dorm room

Yepp tried the Google trick … didn’t work like it does for the home rag.

cause there’s been a ton of mention of the victims on this board…:unamused:

What exactly do you want us to be saying about them? Do you want us to be looking at their personal lives and spreading that information on the internet? Other than making yourself feel superior, what was the real intent of this post. This is a Cougar football board. We’re talking about what the scandal could mean to our school’s football team. You want to talk about victimhood, I’m sure there’s a message board out there for that. Yes there are some idiots who are somewhat happy it’s happening because they think it’ll benefit us, but most people have felt outrage and anger. FYI that’s because we feel for the victims. Every time someone says something in outrage toward Baylor, it’s because of what we feel for the victims. I’m not going to go around looking for each victim’s name to parade around the internet and victimize them some more. So to reiterate, what EXACTLY do you want us to mention about the victims? Cause I can’t stand holier than though attitude some people show because they invoke the word “victim.” As if to say they are somehow more empathetic than the rest of us because of it. Reminds me of “WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!”

I’ve got a thread over on the Other Sports Board where I’m dumping information about the ongoing Baylor mess. They just can’t get out of the news

Names of the donors that support reinstating Briles were released by the Wall Street Journal today. They include: Jim Turner, the former chairman of Dr. Pepper Bottling Co.; Drayton McLane, the former owner of the Houston Astros baseball team; Bob Simpson, an oil-and-gas executive who is a co-owner of the Texas Rangers baseball team; and trial lawyer John Eddie Williams, according to people familiar with the matter.

For the Big12 it maybe bad enough for the media and sports writers to rack the cubbies over the coals … and highlight Big12 embarrassments besides the CCG issues

BUT …

When a major nat’l rag like the Wall Street Journal begins exposing BIG TIME MAJOR DONORS and not the usual penny anti dudes who want to re-instate AB

THEN …

I would suspect the biggies in Irving may finally say … ENOUGH IS ENOUGH … get your house in order and stop embarrassing the conference … OR ELSE …

(the cubbies could be joining the G5 ranks where not even the Sunbelt may even accept them)

I guess we could very well find out what its like to be caught between a rock (big time donors threatening) and a hard place (possible conference commish threats) … :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Title IX report on P5 schools - Baylor’s at the top of the list of offenders and the article below goes into detail about how they skirt the rules (claiming sports that they don’t actually have, utilizing men on the practice team to fill out numbers for their women’s sports and claiming them as women, etc). They aren’t the only ones, but they are the biggest offenders:

https://twitter.com/k_trahan/status/743159876331810816

7-6 gets you the cover?

You know, sometimes I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at all this.

it is baylor laugh all you want

You shake your head in disbelief.

I believe Texas has Texas values that still exist. It boggles the mind that a Texas school, a faith based one at that, would put football ahead of harm to woman. Dismiss their claims and punish them, all so they could succeed in football.

To hell with Baylor

2 Likes

My holier than thou attitude you had a problem with, but not CptCougar’s, right?

Spare me your whining.

Allegory, please lighten up on the combativeness.