They can't be this stupid

If Baylor brings back Briles, I hope every women’s group in America calls for a protest of Big12 sponsors, any advertiser that comes on during Baylor games should be associated with allowing this type of behavior to continue.

Oh and as stupid as Baylor has been throughout this entire process, I seriously doubt they bring back Briles no matter how seemingly reliable the source has been in the past.

Well he hasn’t been fired yet and the entire coaching staff is still on board…there’s something going on.

2 Likes

The longer it goes and they dont fire Briles you have to wonder. In a different post someone said itay just be cheaper yo keep Briles. If fored the owe him 30 million and likely exposed in a lawsuit. They will likely have to pay 40 to 60 million to victims to buy their silence. It is qrong keeping Briles becomes cheaper. Baylors rep is ruined so they just haave to endure. Womens group will protest and Baylor will wait them out. They will lose sponsors but if they keep winning they will be back. I think Nike is their uniform sponsor and they have not dropped them and likely wont at this point. If Briles is not officially fired by months end, he wont be. The media for the most part has already moved on. From a moral standpoint what baylor has shared and failed to do is digusting but from a brand and PR stanpoint is the new blueprint for recovery and path to business as usual.

If they did this the public out cry would forever taint Baylor as an institution of higher learning. Companies would stop recruiting on campus.

They are in the denial stage of the process. They don’t realize that the worst has not yet happened,

According to Chip Brown, they’re actually going to try it. http://www.scout.com/college/texas/story/1678045-sources-bu-regents-to-reconsider-briles

Where are some of the lawyers on the board?

Aren’t the coaches actions qualifications of aiding and abetting? Which is an actual crime with jail time attached if convicted?

Couldn’t one argue that the BoR, by not bringing the report forward, and thereby also helping cover up crimes committed, be considered accessories after the fact? Again, an actual legal crime, not just a moral issue as it seems to be commonly discussed/considered.

If they just plan to pay the victims off and continue with business as usual, what are they effectively calling every one of the victims?

They will have to buy off the DOJ. Title IX issues are DOJ investigations.

This is a sign of how fubar’d they know they are without CAB.

## New info

About Baylor: You know that you are morally bankrupt when fans of the University of Texas at Austin, the most greedy, self-centered, cheating school ever, deem their university to be more virtuous than you.

Baylor fans resort to prayer to get Briles his job back.

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308220

This is just gross to me.

Sorta reminds moi of the civil war when both sides were praying to same Yahweh for victory.

What are these BofRs gonna receive … visions … bolts of lightning in their patooties … visitations from Knute Rockne on loan from Notre Dame … maybe …

The latest from another article in another posting is the BofRs will vote NYET!!! … or there is still negotiations between AB and the regents on the final settlement and threats from both sides on how many secrets will be reveal to get their way … I am certain Jehovah finds that ah hoot in his considerations to those prayers … :innocent:

Even Baylor alumna, editorial writer for DMN, calls for death penalty. enter link description here

Sorry not a DMN subscriber so I am not allowed to read the article but we will take your word for the content.

The death penalty IS NOT ON THE TABLE … the NCAA won’t even slap the cubbies hand since no football violations or rules were broken … so croakesville isn’t being considered.

I suspect if the cubbies carry on with trying to reinstate AB … someone will eventually find a way initiate a penalty WORSE THAN DEATH … and

I gather this Baylor alum writer IS NOT one of the praying baptist …

The link opened right up for me, definitely not a DMN subscriber.

I am pretty sure rules have been broken. Lack of institutional control is a NCAA punishable offense per my understanding, and impermissible benefits are, well, impermissible, unless they found evidence that Briles and his staff were helping every rapist in Waco avoid prosecution.

THAT the best ya got … get in line with the rest … and take a number …

Uhhh … “pretty sure” won’t buy ya tea in Singapore … and

Gul darn absolutely without ah doubt … may get ya some sushi in Tokyo …

NEXT … and

please forget the "round up the usual “something just has to have been broken” NCAA-wise …

IF anyone DOES do anything drastic to punish Baylor it will be the Big12 … who have to date stayed out and let the cubbies handle all this as an internal matter … HOWEVER

it would seem the bears have become blatantly fool hardy in now attempting to bring back AB after surviving the NCAA without a shot being fired … just the media and press unleashed a barrage that would make the NRA proud and survived even that.

I suspect the Big12 can live with the bears stripping themselves to bare bone with self emasculation … BUT not with any further embarrassment to the conference … as in reinstatement or even talk of it …