This day will live in infamy

That’s because a lot of us are not bought that easily !

1 Like

WHAT - is the Chronicle?

1 Like

It was nice coverage and all, but my complaint would be that the article didn’t really have any new information. Perhaps I’ve followed the Holgorsen hire pretty closely, but I thought the timing of the article was a little odd.

Could have been that the article was written days before published and the editors chose to run it after the hype had died down…Don’t doubt me !!

I miss the Houston Press even more than missing the Houston Post. More than that I really miss Wells Twombly’s articles on sports.

3 Likes

I miss newspapers.

Damn dude! How old are you? There are a few of us here who remember the original Houston Press. Great paper. Died in the 60s I believe.

And talk about sports writers we miss, two really stand out for me. One was Jerry Wizig, who covered UH for the Chron. Good old fashioned sports writer. The other was columnist Mickey Herskowitz from the Post. Probably the best of them all. Also did a stint on TV - probably CH 2 from back in the day when Hobby owned both the Post and Ch 2.

5 Likes

I threw the press growing up and then I threw the chronicle both to make spending money. My dad was the route manager for the Chronicle. I remember The Press because they were not the post or the Chronicle and they were the evening paper. Wells Twombly wrote incredible and funny sports columns and was I think Mickey H’s boss. He sent Mickey off to cover Bear Bryant at Texas A&M at Junction.

1 Like

I had a PRESS route also growing up. Small paper…easy to throw !

1 Like