Thoughts for 2019 FB season

I like our hire of CDH, especially him wanting to be here!!! I think the defensive staff he has brought in will help the defensive side of the ball improve immensely! I know Holgerson is know for offense, but CKB runs a much offense than CDH. WIth all of that said I believe that having a tough schedule in. & outside of the AAC we will be 9-4 including a bowl win! Tell me what you think.

1 Like

We are going to be better on defense even with the loss of Ed. We are going to be better on offense based on scheme and coaches.

Better coaches will lead to a 10-2 season.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t be the first or hundredth time that’s happened. Coaching can make all the difference in CFB.

5 Likes

We will be better. Period. We have a proven coach and an all around upgrade with ALL of the assistant coaches. We will be prepared and ready. Last couple of years it actually looked like we just showed up. The problem with Applewhite is that he simply was not ready, not even as an OC. Greg Ward made him look good. He probably should have taken a lower rung gig perhaps at a MAC or Sunbelt school to get experience.

Oh well…

6 Likes

10-2

1 Like

14 - 0…yes, Polly VP said it! Now, lets go and make it happen!

8 Likes

Maybe against last year’s schedule.

This year’s schedule is 7 points per game harder on average, looking at last season’s final power rankings.

9-3 is the ceiling. 4-8 is the floor. I would imagine Vegas puts the over/under on wins at 6.5 or 7.

6 Likes

14-0

4 Likes

8-4 but always hoping to win every game! Go Coogs!!!

1 Like

7-5 but it will be an improvement over last year because the schedule will be tougher. 3 legit Non-conf games and Orlando next year. Tough tough tough.

13-1…we lose to Tulsa…

4 Likes

Yep 10-2 !
Go Coogs …beat OU !

That’s the thing…we could be much better than last season and still finish the same 8-4 against this schedule.

I think we get to 9-3, but we’ll need a little bit of luck and to stay healthy. Wazzu game is going to tell us a lot about our chances this year; we win that one and it could be a special season.

6 Likes

8-4 just because we aren’t playing the cream puffs we played last year. The bright side is our toughest AAC games are at home except UCF. The downside we need to be able to stop someone and thats a big unknown at this point, but hopefully a DC with half a brain could be better than what we had last year.

2 Likes

Now that was funny

2 Likes

I mean, does anyone expect that we’ll score 47 points per game this year? I don’t . Maybe 40.

So if the schedule is 7 points per game harder and the offense scores 7 points per game less, then the defense will need to make a gigantic improvement to stay at the 8-4 level.

6 Likes

Yeah, pray10 nailed it.

This offense is going to put up less points, which isn’t necessarily bad considering this defensive coaching staff is better. However, this defensive unit, even with the JUCOs has less talent. All of that against a tougher schedule. The floor is 6-6 and the ceiling is 8-4.

3 Likes

Right now I’ll see my expectation at 7-5 I have our ceiling at 9-3. If we’re gelling ahead of schedule I think we steal an extra conference win. But 7-5 is where I think we end up with just too many tough notes to crack this year.

2 Likes

9-3. Tougher schedule, better coaching on both sides of the ball, offense will be just as good as last year if not better, defensive results will improve even with lesser natural talent. Agree with Pray10. WSU game will tell the tale. Go Coogs! Prove me wrong and beat them all.

2 Likes

7-5 is the floor. 13-1 is the ceiling. I thinkk 8-4 to 12-2 are doable. UCF is the key to being P-6 team.

2 Likes