Thoughts on USF start time

Since our next home game isn’t until the 27th, what are y’all’s opinion on that kickoff time of the game?

Mabye mid afternoon. Regardless of start time heat shouldnt be a factor. Hopefully a nice sunny fall afternoon!

I need it to be an evening game since my flight won’t get back from North Dakota until after 1:00pm.

2 Likes

Wasn’t this game previously announced as a 7 PM start? I see it’s listed as TBD now, but could have sworn that it was listed as a Saturday night game at some point.

Nope. Thursday games are the only ones we get that are 7p CT starts.

If it is a meaningful game in the eyes of the networks, it will be an 11 a.m… game as we are just filler to them !!!

As stated, at least it will most likely not be 95 degrees.

USF’s next two games are @Tulsa and UConn. They should win both.

Our next two games are @ECU and @Navy. We should win both.

If it’s 7-0 USF versus 6-1 Houston, we won’t be banished to 11 am on ESPN the Ocho, that’s for sure.

4 Likes

If USF and UH are still undefeated, chances are it’s a 2:30 game. If both teams have another loss, I’d be surprised if it isn’t 7pm.

If ranked Texas / OU teams can play an 11:00 am start (when it’s really hot) then UH/UCF can be played at any time of day.

1 Like

Isn’t the red river shootout always an 11 am game? I could be wrong, I just only recall seeing the game at that time.

Exactly. And if that’s good enough for two storied powerhouses (most years) then I wouldn’t think we should bitch about a 2:30 or 7:00 pm kickoff but knowing this group there will be those that find an excuse.

I agree a game time was mentioned somewhere because that is how i decide which night to reserve a room. I reserved Saturday night as I was thinking it was a night game.

… by Jack Handy.

A few years ago, there was a Friday night and a Saturday night game on Halloween. This would be around the same time of year. It’s not like we’ve never had Saturday night games.

Either way, we’ll know something on Monday. The conferences and TV partners generally announce game times and networks 12 days out.

I think he meant Thursday games are the only ones that will announce the start time ahead of the 12 days .

I’m going with 6 pm for TV

Not so fast, my friend. I think Tulsa will push USF and it won’t be an easy win. The Tulsa QB was good on the move last week but needs to be better under pressure in the pocket. I am pulling for the Bulls to keep them undefeated but won’t be surprised if Tulsa takes this one.

1 Like

For what it is worth, Major was on The Bench this AM and they were discussing attendance. He mentioned we will finally have a better time for a home game [not a Thursday night, not during a rainstorm and not during the heat of the day] in two weeks when it is a Saturday night at 7 pm. Maybe he knows something?

4 Likes