Thoughts on USF start time

Yeah it’s just a baseball game for a chance at the world title. No big deal. You’re not a baseball fan. I get it.

1 Like

I think Culver is 9000% correct here. I can count on one hand the number of home games I’ve missed in the last 20 years. But if I had tickets to a World Series game, that wouldn’t be a hard call.

4 Likes

Then I’m reminded of a pleasant old Roy Rogers tune…“happy trails to you”…

No…I am not a Pro Sports fan !!!

I was happy that the Astros won last year, primarily for the long, long suffering Astro followers !!

Otherwise…Big Whoop !!

1 Like

We all have to make decisions !

Tickets are one thing, but going to a sports bar… Ya Woo Cougar Football

Wow! please do not challenge my passion as a Coog. That is asanine statement that because I choose to miss one game to see what could be a historical sports event for the city of Houston, I am now a Coog fan second hand.

During my time at UH, I was in Coog Crew which was really active at that time. If there was a sporting event then I was there. I have probably only missed less than 10 home games in the 10 plus years I have been going to games with my dad. I have been to countless road games as well for football. When the last time you all went to watch the UH softball team play? Because I have been to Austin twice to watch them play in postseason tournaments, and this does not include the 50 plus home games I have probably attended.

Houston winning a world championship in a sport is a big deal! And you need to take the Coogs colored glasses off and realize that. Plus I said I would have to make a decision if it came to that which I have not made yet.

6 Likes

Geez people. DVR the Astros and watch the game on your phone while watching the Coogs in their biggest game of the year in TDECU. My God our fans suck.

4 Likes

Ok, let’s take the Coogs out of it and insert a couple another team. If the Red Sox were in the world series I suspect a good bunch of Boston College alumnus would have to make a similar decision.

You know what sucks, it is this board at times. We are all Coog fans but some of you all have to turn it into a chest-puffing exercise to see who is the bigger fan. You guys are now taking personal shots at posters and questioning their support for UH because they might decide to miss one game, so not miss something that would be big sports moment for the City of Houston. What even is more ridiculous is that we dont even know the starting time yet, but you guys are already on the attack over a hypothetical.

1 Like

“You missed the UH game for the birth of your first born?! Ya woo cougar football…”

2 Likes

The biggest moment in Houston sports history? Didn’t they win it all last year? If they are in, what are the odds they sweep? Ever heard of DVR and streaming on your phone? None of your argument makes any sense.

UH has a huge freaking problem with “fans” not showing up. People will make virtually any excuse to stay home and then complain that we aren’t undefeated. And no one personally attacked anyone. You would know it if you were attacked. That feeling you are feeling is called guilt.

Agreed. He is a little sensitive!

Back to the question of topic. Game will start 20 minutes late to allow the fans from minute maid park to get to TDECU by train. We all remember the poly train, right?

I lived in Houston while getting my degree. Other than the Coogs it’s all DFW pro teams for me, Cowboys, Rangers, and Mavs. Besides, other than the cities involved the playoffs, does anyone really talk about baseball?

For Baseball we are talking about the World Series. Not the same.

Disagree.

Astros vs. Boston, game 4 or 7; Cougars vs. Bulls, 1 of 1. I can’t believe some of you people, no wonder we have attendance problems.

This whole thread is full of stupid. I skipped TSU because it was friggin TSU. I don’t care about the Astros all but to dismiss the idea that people want to watch the World Series is just flat out dumb.

6 Likes

Stop worrying how other people want to spend their time… especially when it comes to something as big as the World Series. There is no right or wrong here. People have different perspectives.

8 Likes

They have this new invention called the DVR.