Thursday night game to watch

Maybe Orlando has been taking lessons from Coach D.

Tulsa wasn’t that good last year either…

https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/1042935326614990848

1 Like

Star Wars night was taken seriously.

1 Like

If Tulsa cures their TO problem they will give us fits. They went up and down the field all night on Temple. Their QB just kept giving the ball to Temple for 6 points.

Prediction, Tulsa pulls their QB, installs a Freshman backup QB. We rush 3 and play off the LOS with our DBs and their new QB racks up 450 yards passing (A Star I Born).

3 Likes

I think our defense will be better much going forward…also I see us scoring 50 on their defense.

we scored 49 on Tech’s defense and still lost by 2 tds

2 Likes

True, but Tulsa’s offense isn’t even in the same stratosphere as Tech’s. Also, despite what has happened in the past, Tulsa is not a passing team this year. They have run 327 total plays this year. 118 have been passes and 209 have been runs. No doubt they will try to throw more against us than they do other teams, because that’s our weakness. They are averaging 181.8 passing yards per game, 6.2 per attempt, 10.5 per completion with 6 INTs to 4 TDs. Doesn’t sound like we have much to be concerned with. And before we start arguing what happened last year, please remember that our offense was horrendous last year. That is not the case this year.

I’ll venture to say no one on our remaining schedule is going to put up more than 45 on us if we don’t turn the ball over. Tech’s offense is the best we’ll see unless we see UCF in the championship game.

1 Like

When do facts Matter?

Until they play UH! We will make them look good.

Tulsa will move the ball. If we play them soft on D we will get picked apart.
I think some here see our best Defense being our Offense putting up points.
I will restate this for the 100th time. I would rather us try to play bump and run coverage and risk getting burned deep than letting them play pass and catch 5-10 yards at a time waiting for a mistake.
EO will be wasted unless our DBs get up in the chest of the receivers much more often. Giving an 8yard cushion means the QB does not even have to think about where to throw the ball. And the ball is out in one second.
As good as EO and the Dline is they cannot get to the QB that fast.

1 Like

You nailed it GW!
Go Coogs!

I really dont believe Tulsa is better offensively in talent and scheme than Arizona. We seemed to do just fine that game. But thats why you play the games!

2 Likes