Ticket Count: Rice

Welp, got a ways to go to sell this one out.

As of about 11:30 pm Wednesday, there are 11,982 tickets available on UHCougars.com. This includes season tickets and single game tickets (mini-plans pull from the single game tickets available).

Breakdown:

Total Tickets = 11,982

Season Tickets = 581
Lower Level: 12
200 North Side: 254
200 East Side: 34
300 South Side: 118
300 North Side: 163

Single Game Tickets & Mini-Plan Tickets = 11,401
Lower Level: 595 (all in section 122)
200 North Side: 155
200 East Side: 1,048
200 West Side: 60
300 South Side: 6,842
300 North Side: 2,701

The lower section 122 with 595 tickets available was more than likely Rice’s allotment. Doesn’t look like they’ll have a lot of fans at the game (Who would have guessed :neutral_face:).

The Texans play Thursday. (Wouldn’t be surprised to see JJ show up)
Astros are home.
Dynamo are home.

I’m surprised they haven’t said they’ll send the revenue to Harvey victims.

1 Like

Honestly I think being 2-0 was our best chance for a Rice sellout. If we beat Arizona, I’ll be fine with 35k for Rice, because it’s Rice. If we beat Arizona and Rice, Texas Tech will be a sellout for sure. Now of course if our offense, defense and special teams puts on a show, demolishes Arizona 49 to 10, the walk up crowd for Rice could put us near 40k.

Game day would be a sweet add in. Also, isn’t the Canelo GGG fight that night? :confused: Coogs first for me, but there are alot of folks out there that would rather see that than a weak match up for the Coogs.

Most of my friends wish the best for the Coogs, but don’t set aside time to watch a game. If they are flipping through channels and the game is on, they’ll watch the game. If they see a win in the news, next time they see me “how about them Cougars!” I imagine that is most of Houston. That is why we have trouble selling out 40k consistently but get such good ratings when we are on in prime time. Houston supports the Cougars, they just aren’t fanatics about it.

Sounds like you need a new crew! :wink:

1 Like

We’ll be fine. Our (crowd) mantra seems to be “arrive late, (and leave early).”. :yum:

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougars/status/905864478134296578

1 Like

Are the 595 in section 122 Rice’s returned allotment?

Does this number include the 200 tickets that Rice supporters might buy ?

I am always amazed as to why UH people are eager to play Rice !!!

2 Likes

Town rivalries are fun.

2 Likes

Easy win

That’s my guess. Went to Rice’s site and they stop selling two weeks prior for road games. If so, they sold about 10 tickets.

1 Like

Don’t jinx it. Helton, Dimel and Sumlin each .500 or worse against Rice.

2 Likes

We’ve played them more than any other team, so there’s a history.

Proximity.

Name one other Non-P5 school you’d rather have a regular scheduled game with.

UNLV

I’d be down with that, but not over Rice. Proximity and history mean more to me than an excuse to go to Vegas
which is all UNLV really carries, right?

1 Like

Boise would be interesting for different reasons.

Even if attendance is one sided, fans and more importantly students get into it. The best studen turnouts will be at the Rice and Tech games.

2 Likes

UTSA, we still have beef to settle. They ruined my senior year. :rage:

2 Likes