Tilman Fertitta Gets a New $150 Million Super Yacht

He must be doing ok then or got a great deal on it so I’m glad for him. It’s better then him selling off stuff.

1 Like

According to the article, it was commissioned 4 years ago. Obviously, a lot has changed since then. Not sure of the financial arrangements in commissioning something like this, but guessing the lion’s share has already been paid or obligated.

2 Likes

That is a lot of PPP money.

2 Likes

Makes 4 million look like chump change

1 Like

Billionaires going to billionaire. They’re above the struggles of life.

1 Like

Now he won’t have to schlep his other yacht back and forth between the Caribbean and Mediterranean like a pleb.

5 Likes

It’s taken 4 years to build, not like he went down to the local yacht dealer yesterday and plunked down the cash for one on the lot.

1 Like

I remember when you could get a nuclear submarine for less…

2 Likes

Since there is a lot of home time during the you know what I have taken to YouTube to watch these clips about Yacht.

The gigantic upkeep cost on these things is totally out of hand.

Apparently the rule of thumb is about 10%. So it is about $15 M on the annual cost that could be + or - depending on the length of a particular trip.

Ok so at $50,000 a year if I squirrel away 412.00 from each biweekly paycheck that will be about $5000 a year. I can buy one of these in only 30,000 years. I wonder if cats will still look like cats then.

2 Likes

Good for him. He has worked his rear end off for decades and employed thousands of people. This is what America is all about. You work hard, you succeed.

1 Like

This was funny.

1 Like

I’m for Tillman bc he helps us so it’s all good whatever he does with his money. I hope he prospers bc it will be him helping us to p5. He got us Sampson and the new bc arena.