Tilman in trouble

You can say that again! No way is “Tillman in trouble”. I eat at one of his restaurants in Galveston almost every Sunday, and I was told recently that he is in the process of buying a new yacht to replace his “old” one - the Boardwalk. The new one is too large to fit into the dock where the Boardwalk is usually parked and will probably cost well over 30 million!

Coogcheese gets it. Based on Rayos’ description, this whole deal smells of an avalanche of change orders and resulting confusion.

And yes, “trouble” is a relative term.

Please move this somewhere other than the Football board.

Great point. There might also be an issue with final sign offs. Did the subcontractors and others complete the punch tickets? It is very easy to come to the press and demand payments. Only the ones involved know the real facts.
We have a major issue in construction today. Since the economy is outstanding subs are in the “driving seat”. Projects that were supposed to be finish on a certain date are having issues with what I mentioned earlier. Hence delayed payments to the subs.
It is now common that only 80/90% will be paid by a company like Landry’s Inc or other…

There is no way he gets a gambling license in the State of a New Jersey unless he is perfectly clean.

Might be lots of other things wrong with that place but they figured that one out.

You can actually write “clean” and “New Jersey” in the same sentence. Wow. Literary license I suppose.

1 Like