Time to start helping the economy grow again

shop now or even better let your wife or girlfriend go shopping. Remember this is your patriotic duty to get the economy growing again. I am letting my wife do it. We are even making shirts that say SHOP it is your duty to get the economy back on its feet.

1 Like

Easter weekend

Agree but do it online.

2 Likes

Bought a new Ford today. If you can they have some great deals going right now…0% interest and such

I haven’t taken a day off yet. We are all careful in our office and I have been in close proximity to literally hundreds and hundreds of people. Maybe I had it, have it, or will get it but…it’s possible to have a functioning economy during the virus. We’ve proven it. I still do not know anyone whose caught it, nor do I know anyone who knows anyone whose caught it. I actually think we’re late in getting back at it on the business side.

Crossing my fingers.

1 Like

This is a very bad take

Disagree

Well, our office, a District Attorney’s office considered “essential” to law enforcement, had all been coming in to work everyday until today.

Starting today, everyone will be working from home two out of the five days per week. The schedule is staggered in order to ensure that we have minimal personnel in our office everyday. The idea is that we minimize our contact with fellow employees in case someone has the virus without knowing it, and prevent everyone from getting it.

I sort of lucked out. My two work from home days are Thursday and Friday!

We’ll be on that schedule through early May.

Possible good news…

We had a Judge in Brooklyn who kept his calendar. Had a court room packed with attorneys for motion day (or whatever you legal eagles call it).

The attorneys complained about the packed room.

The judge is now dead.

I can tell you that in the 21st Judicial District Court where I’m a prosecutor, only habeas corpus hearings on unindicted cases are being heard.

No other hearings (including habeas hearings on indicted cases), no regular docket, and no civil and criminal trial settings until at least May 8th.

Grand Juries are postponed until at least May as well.

We’ll see if we are ready to reopen after that.

It was just reported today that a second Judge from that same courthouse has died from Covid19.

I work directly across the street. I walk past the place several days a week (not for the last month of course) if I want a decent lunch.

I am very fortunate that our CEO wants all employees that can work from home to do so. So my ThinkPad is on our kitchen table. I work for a manufacturing company so the employees running our production lines can’t work from home. Our production lines are not labor intensive so there is not a large number of employees working along side each other.

IMO reopening the economy too much too soon could be devastating. COVID 19 is highly contagious and there can be a surge of sudden outbreaks if we try to move to fast.

3 Likes

As I mentioned before, our courts here in Washington County, TX are closed at least through May 8th (we’ll see if that holds up).

The attorneys here at the DA’s office are all working three days at the office, and two days from home through that date.

My wife’s architecture firm has been working from home exclusively for about a month now.

At this point, we are just thankful to still have full-time jobs and salaries. Not everyone has been so lucky.