Time to start King at QB

I was told tonight by someone who spoke with Major that King will not play quarterback this year unless something catastrophic happens.

So get used to Postma committing multiple turnovers every game for the rest of the year.

2 Likes

How sad that that the only way we can improve is if all the competition leaves.

1 Like

As long as we win, who cares?

But we are not winning.

1 Like

Let’s be honest, do you think the other teams weren’t saying the same thing about ole lying Tom? Football is more than X’s and O’s.

1 Like

Only issue with looking forward to next year is that Applewhite (and the coordinators) may feel that there is not a next year if they keep losing. If they think Postma gives them the best chance to win on any given week then we will not see King.

That being said, I too would like to see what King can offer and at the least make next years QB competition more competitive.

1 Like

This is true, which starts the entire argument we’ve all had since we benched Allen. Does it matter which quarter back we put back there if they turn the ball over? Does it matter which QB we put back there if they can’t go through a progression?if you watch Postma, he never looks back towards the other side of the field once he finds his first read. Never. Ferguson and Hicks are prime examples of what QB execution should look like. Allen was our closest thing to a QB who can make multiple reads, but he locked onto his second and threw picks.

Postma locks onto his first-completion, scramble, or pick=limitation
Allen locks onto his second-completion, won’t scramble, or pick=limitation.
King has yet to be seen. However, assuming a true sophomore with little college experience will have skills the other more experienced QB’s don’t can’t be logical.

1 Like

Smdh

1 Like

I agree with giving King the ball. We know what we have with Postma and Allen. Why not see what you have with King. If we hadn’t given Greg Ward the ball in 2014 we never would have had 2015. Or at the very least have him split time.

I will add again that we may have an issue with our strength and conditioning program. Yancy McKnight is at UT.

I would not waste his redshirt now. I would give King a chance but we know we are going to ride it out with Postma. Allen must have be in the dog house.

Turnovers alone should be reason enough to put in King or even Allen again. I don’t care if it was the right read, throw play or whatever. At the end of the day, it’s still a turnover and has been consistent through the 4 games Postma has started. I was pulling for Postma and he can make a lot of plays but the turnovers hurt way too much.

This is crazy. The offense had its most complete game of the year and yes, Postma cost us a CHANCE to win with a late fumble and pick, but he didn’t lose the game. The defense lost this game. King will have his shot vs Smith in the Spring and vs Smith and Amie in the Summer. Let the best man win.

The Tulane game will be tough. That says all you need to know about coach Fritz. This is his second year and they’re getting better and better. They barely lost to USF and almost beat Navy. With the way our team is playing, I have little confidence we’ll win this one, especially on the road.

Unfortunate, but I believe this to be true. I want to see King at QB, but not at the expense of catastrophic situations, which means serious injuries.

The problem is that Major is the only one that doesn’t think he has a problem. This season is history. We might finish 6-5 or 5-6 with Postman. What does that prove. Time for him to grow some and make the switch to King now. Neither Postma or Allen will be here next year.

1 Like

Agreed.

If Major is thinking that way, I am losing confidence in his decision ability.

As bummed out as 2017 has made me, looking forward to next year with these 3 QBs. All three are going to be exciting to watch.

Only wildcard is Applewhite opening up the playbook and letting these guys air it out.

2 Likes

Not getting this fascination with King as the answer. Yes he is dynamic, but the problem is in the culture CMA has brought to the program, not the players.

He has a five star riding the bench after a full spring and summer practices where the player was getting all the reps.

He has an all American defensive back in his roster.