Time to think clearly, it's clearly the coaching

We lost to Tulsa. The same team we almost lost at home to last year but thanks to a goal line stop. We know Tulsa always plays us hard. Its the competitive history between these two teams. Why are you all acting surprised with your panties in a bunch?

None of you would make a good head coach with this kind of rush to judgment and emotion.

1 Like

I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with once Basketball starts. The first loss in a 32 game season and everyone will have pitch forks out.

Levine was 8-4 his last year. Same win/loss %. I assume you were opposed to his firing.

.500 in conference and losing to 1-5 teams is tanking. If you don’t think the program is declining, check out Thursday’s attendance.

Not the same team. The Tulsa team we just lost to was 1-5 and had the worst defense in FBS.

And a coach that can’t or won’t adjust an offense to the talent he has and isn’t making 2nd half adjustments in general don’t make a good head coach

You didn’t expect attendance to drop after a coaching change? Don’t blame the team or coaches for having high expectations.

Tulsa lost two of those games to last second field goals. Also the played three triple options teams in a row. As Applewhite said “They’re better than their record. Don’t be fooled.”

I guess you’re one of the fools.

We lost by 4 touchdowns to a 1 win team. Our offense couldn’t do anything all day and our defense was worn down and got manhandled in the second half. This was far from “just” a loss, it was a culmination of issues we’ve all seen throughout the season.

3 Likes

At this point in the season the only player we have that makes plays on our offense is King. And the Tulsa defense swarmed him on every play. Our coaches adapted our offense to him and he got shut down.

Whats your next point?

If the team is scoring 30 points a game, losing leads in the 2nd half, and loses to Incarnate Word, yes pitchforks will be out.

And when the team goes 5-6 or 6-5, who will be the fool?

You put up the close losses, but didn’t put up the blowout by Tulane. They put up 49 in one half. It would take us 3 games to put up 49 points

I guess Applewhite can only make one adjustment then and once other coaches adjust to that, he’s done? What adjustments have the offense made other than give the ball to King once he got healthy? We run the same 5 or 6 plays that get shut down. But that’s our offense, so there’s nothing we can do

They were the “third” triple option team they faced. Put any team against the option for three weeks and I’m sure, I’m confident, I’m sure theres a freaking math formula that would prove that a defense would give up an increased amount of points by the third game. It rose exponentially.

16-13 UNM
31-21 Navy
62-28 Tulane

Wheres the talent you said that Applewhite should adjust the offense to?

Usually new coaches have an excitement bump. Obviously didn’t happen here, and now we know it’s for a good reason

If the team and coaches don’t have high expectations, I know our President and Chairman do

You got data on that? Or are you bluffing to support your invalid argument?

Nevermind the Hurricane.
Nevermind the excitement behind Houston pro sports.
Nevermind that attendance is down ACROSS THE NATION TO ALL FOOTBALL VENUES

So give up? Just forfeit the season. I thought we had the number 1 QB recruit in the nation. But no, he can’t run the option. Let’s make him run it anyways. Even Barry Switzer, master of the wishbone, changed his offense when Aikman came to OU.

But if you want to say there’s no offensive talent, who was the OC the last 2 years? Wasn’t it his job to recruit some of that talent? After all, the HS coaches love him

So accept low attendance, bad offense, and losing games to a 1-5 team with the worst defense in the nation

Are you making that up and bluffing like you accuse me? Usually the argument is that you rarely face the triple option so you have trouble maintaining assignments. I would think after 3 games in a row of it, you would start getting comfortable playing assignment football and improve

Yea or be fickle.

Look at the three examples I provided that you failed to quote or didnt read. Maybe you don’t understand numbers

15x2 = 30
30X2 = 60