Tips and words of wisdom

I’m going to propose to my girlfriend of 4.5 years next week. Have been planning for 6 months but now it seems time just went by extremely fast. Going to Seattle Any tips or words of wisdom? Experiences or remarks are appreciated as well.

1 Like

other than the obligatory DON’T DO IT.
as long as you know shes going to say yes just do it, whatever happens will be a good memory eventually

3 Likes

If y’all like to hike, there are plenty of hiking places with beautiful scenery. Space needle, Pikes Pier or whatever that is called.

1 Like

Yeah we’ve got all the touristy stuff planned out. I’m hoping she doesn’t think I’m joking. She has a tendency to think I’m joking most of the time. I’ve heard a lot of people tell me don’t do it. I think it’s funny because i get why but i also know it’s a joke and in good fun.

Take her to the Gum Wall. There’s no better romantic place in Seattle than that! It’s right by Pikes Place.

Honestly, if you have a chance to take her to the San Juan islands, do it. Beautiful ferry ride and really picturesque.

Good luck!

1 Like

Yeah we’re going to Pike place also. As well as Whale watching and all that at San Juan. Hoping for a great time. I am looking for restaurants. Seems like everything is by reservation only or expensive.

Please watch this short video before you propose!

1 Like

Sir Mix-a-Lot would probably suggest eating at D1ck’s. It is the place where the cool hang out, the swass like to play, and the rich flaunt clout.

2 Likes

Chicks love whales. (The ones in Vegas and the real ones) This is what my wife and I did.

San Juan Islands made me want to move up there.

But maybe you already know Seattle.

As far as proposing you got to set it up in your head. You want her to be telling her girlfriends about it for years. Prep is key. A beautiful backdrop, a few strangers around to take pictures for you and buy you drinks.

1 Like

If you love her and she loves you, all the theatrics aren’t necessary. Just ask her and she will say yes. If she needed a production, you probably got the wrong one.

1 Like

Oh man…Mike. I thought I’d get more outta you see’in as you’re from the Sinatra generation. It’s the moment, baby!

1 Like

Maybe pop the question on the monorail!

Doing it at Snoqualmie falls @uhlaw97 ! I get what you’re saying @red80 sometimes it’s worth putting a bit of effort if you know thats probably one of the only things well both remember in 60 years. Lol

1 Like

Or want to forget in 5.

2 Likes

My advice has nothing to do with the way you propose, but is something you need to hear anyway: Get premarital counseling.

2 Likes

Or just practice these simple phrases:

“Yes honey.”
“You’re right honey.”
“Of course I will.”
“No, that looks great on you.”

2 Likes

4.5 years? Impressive delay tactics. Giving a ring could give you 3 years more.

1 Like