Today's Press Conference

Anyone have a link?

this one?

By the way, nothing on the UH Athletics YouTube channel so might not be available yet.

We don’t review last weeks game or scores we go over the number of players out because of injury or covid.

Highly this weeks game is toast. COVID issues.
https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1330920667634671618?s=20

Based on that statement alone I don’t see that conclusion

2 Likes

When will a decision on the game be made?

1 Like

Have we had any hospitalizations on the football team this season ?

No, there have been no hospitalizations. Most did not even have symptoms or knew they had it until tested.

1 Like

Giena, I just love having you back; you provide outstanding information and insight! Peggy

2 Likes

Thank you Peggy!

WIth the age and health of our athletes I don’t would not expect hospitalizations. I am 63 and found it much milder than any of the… well, I’ve only had flu twice and the vaccine twice.

I found the flu far worse. Had it as a late teenager and at 60 I think.

What can happen is that undetected conditions could be found in rare cases even in these healthy athletes. As long as they have an eye on their O2 Saturation levels and have our staff watching I expect they will all be fine. I have an 85 year old father-in-law who only had a couple of days feeling bad and he has very mild asbestosis. His wife is taking longer to get over it and she has COPD among other things,

Overall it is mostly a very, very contagious illness.

Sorry to drone on about it but it is my nature and I figure any experience is good to pass on in our day of untrustworthy information. Of course any individual or family experience is anecdotal but the media and many others seem to have some reason to say all that they do.

May God bless us all through the year of gnashing of teeth, 2020.

3 Likes