“We’re going to help that place (UH) succeed as best we can. We have a vested interest.”
I almost threw up my breakfast. Did he buy stock in UH? UH has succeeded “recently” under Briles, Sumlin and the last head coach so it’s not like he can claim credit for continued success under Applewhite. I am surprised he did not say that UT not scheduling UH is because he has a conflict of interest with whom he wants to win. More MENSAnity.
And I wish people would do real hard-hitting interviews and instead of giving these coaches a PR platform. According to him, he never lied to a recruit or anyone close to the program and never refuted anything that was true so where are the follow up questions:
- Can you confirm that the ESPN reporter asking questions before the Memphis game is not someone you consider “close to the program”?
- Are there specific examples of particular quotes that have been attributed to you as a lie to a recruit that you care to publicly correct?
- Why would your All-American DL tweet that you lied to the team?
- What events happened that you did not have to refute to the team because you were not asked?
- What was the timeline for the UT position? Were you negotiating with any other schools at the same time?
Thank you, sports radio, for doing the corporate thing and let him have his platform with softball questions that were deemed “appropriate”. Let’s hope this is the last time anyone gives this guy a reason to talk about UH.