Tom, just go ahead and tell us and let's stop the charade

Briles … Sumlin … and now Herman … it was inevitable … the good ones NEVER stay ONLY the bad ones and the curse of staying in a G5

There is rumor that with the Texas embarrassing loss at Manhattan the tuna man may be given his walking papers BEFORE the season ends … the orangebloods are done with going .500 or lower for the 3rd year in a row … it has never happened in the history of UT football I believe but will probably happen this year.

THE ONLY THING that will fix this for us is joining a P5 then WHOEVER our HC is and if he worth his salt then he will stay than move on … the conference TV market and surrounding crop of excellent recruits will keep him here.

BTW … side note … I didn’t know that Jalen Hurts Bama’s true freshman QB was from the Channelview area and HS.

We have NEVER had a problem finding talented HCs … keeping them because we are in a G5 has been our achilles heel.

Agreed, and to that end, the big picture ‘goal’ in my mind wasn’t the Playoffs, or NY6 bowl, or even keeping Herman long term (although I did think he’d stick around for 4-5 years). I thought getting invited to the B12 was a long shot, although it was close.

The real big picture ‘goal’ is building this school both academically and athletically and sustaining this momentum (and spending) through '25 or whenever the GORs start expiring. It’s going to take all of us.

We need to support our leadership, Khator, Uncle Tillman, Yurachek. It may be 2 or 3 coaches down the road, and you never know, maybe Herman’s in too.

The good news is we came out of the B12 fiasco in a good light and national attention…let’s keep it going

1 Like

I believe that UT will go after Petersen at Washington

1 Like

I think Herman’s stock is falling. He is looking like a good coach, but not the magician that he was a few weeks ago.

4 Likes

Let’s all take a deep breath. I’ve posted and Tweeted that it seemed to me Herman did 't have his head in the game. He’s been pretty demanding of our fans and we have responded. He’s even been embraced by the City of Houston. I only hope all this was done in sincerity.

The team that walked on the field in Dallas was not the Cougars our fans and our city have embraced. Even the ESPN announcer noted how “listless” (his word) they seemed. It was obvious from the first play. And this is the second game in a row. No way should SMU or Tulsa be able to slap us around like that.

Bottom line, if a player is not giving 100% Herman will jerk him in a heartbeat. All I want to know Coach is are you in or are you out? No BS. We’ve been here before so forgive our asking.

2 Likes

CTH is demanding of the fans and the team. Now it’s time to be demanding of the coaching staff. They have underperformed for 3 straight weeks now.

4 Likes

I know I have, and maybe several of you, thought that Coach Tom Herman would be leaving the school for another job. Perhaps Major Applewhite or Todd Orlando or maybe both are the ones with their heads not in the game because they are looking at these other positions.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s the point on knowing if he was going to leave the job. I think the point is paying him a HUGE amount to stick around another year and having mentally gone only 5 games into the season. Looking at your options should come after the last game of the regular season.

I really hope the outcome of the last few games affects his contract offers by millions.

1 Like

Hiring Herman would set UT back further than they are now. If they make that move…it’s going to be their undoing.

He has. I doubt many know what they will be doing in 5 years. Lets get over this mind set cougars seem to have. the sky isn’t falling.

2 Likes

I think differently, our problems started with Navy. What occurred before? 5 games in 25 days. I think we are simply out of gas both physically and mentally.

5 Likes

We played our first 5 games in 26 days.

Any team that plays on five consecutive Saturdays will have played 5 games in 29 days.

3 days isn’t the issue, I don’t think.

Now I agree that the team is obviously tired, but maybe running the hardest training camp in America for a team with little depth has something to do with that.

They usually get a bye in there.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more, CV.
Hope we can hold on to CTH.

1 Like

Definitely a huge part of it. Add in SMU’s 15 day opportunity to prepare…Saturday was the perfect storm.

1 Like

That was a huge advantage for them, playing us after their bye week. This should be against conference rules in the future, imo. No team should have an advantage over the other in this regard.

1 Like

Exactly.

The bye excuse is for any other coach, not Herman and staff.

Why didn’t everyone predicting that we’d win by 30 factor in SMU’s bye week and extra motivation from CTH’s comments?

I hope we can regroup enough at home to beat UCF and then get an extra week before Tulane.

Instead of self destruction, how about we circle the wagons and rally behind Herman and the team.

5 Likes