Tom Penders slams B1G and PAC for not playing, praises AAC

I report…YOU decide!!!

https://twitter.com/TomPenders/status/1293661134290128896

8 Likes

This is the year for UH to go undefeated and make the playoffs.

2 Likes

I love Tom Penders. I love Kelvin Sampson better. But as coach love affairs go…I could have a coaching affair with Tom.

Kelvin is my forever Coach. Tom is my weekend every so often get drunk and call some recruits coach.

2 Likes

The man is Awesome!!! So is Tim Brando!

2 Likes

For years, I have been telling everyone who would listen that Tom & Susie Penders have always been front and center advocates for UH…
Tommy saved our BB program from oblivion, and Thank the Lord, we have Kelvin Sampson now to take us to a Natty !!!
And Brando is simply the best. I miss his radio and tv show from way back, broadcast from Shreveport :+1::smiley:

5 Likes

Tom did a fine job while he was here based on the circumstances no doubt. That 2006 squad was one of my faves even though they didn’t make the tournament.

4 Likes

Regardless if you agree with his rationale on this point, Tom really is great.

He continues to rep our university even though he was pushed out under conditions that would make a lot of coaches salty.

Tom also did a really solid job here given the limitations of the job at the time. However, moving on was the right call too, though Dickey (who is a super nice guy) was a strange choice to replace him.

6 Likes

His team’s played tenacious defence, they would run out of glass at times against Memphis and the UTEPs. We were up on #13 Arizona at one point 24 to 6 and ended up winning 69 to 65 at the HOF. They played hard and fast, but had problems maintaining the leads.

2 Likes

We have the defense for sure, now we just need how are our QB play comes together

Exactly they would go on droughts and got better late in the season but just couldn’t get in. Really thought they could’ve won a game or two if they made the tourney. They played a 1 seed memphis team really tough at their place and the conference tourney late that year if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

I remember being against the Penders hire because I thought of him as a Longhorn. Turned out, his personality and mindset were always a much better fit here.

4 Likes

This could be our year! Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn’t the majority of the football team already tested positive, so now they have the antibodies. Are any of them not recovered 100%? This virus does not seem to affect the young, especially the athletic.

I don’t believe a majority of our kids tested positive. I’m sure someone else might be better than me researching our numbers but the only info I can see was the six cases back in June that caused us to halt the early workouts.

2 Likes

It was only a handful of players that tested positive and they did not show any symptoms, pus they didn’t catch it in camp. Now that all have tested negative it would seem to indicate that playing together will not spread the virus. If any player get the virus, I doubt he will have gotten it from other players. With all the testing, its spread is unlikely.

Pretty sure this is wrong, I remember reports saying multiple players did. I know the O-lineman who decided to sit out the season had symptoms and is worried about heart damage from Covid.

3 Likes

Your memory is correct. That’s part of why we shut completely down for a period and our situation was more unique. We had several players show symptoms where most of the other positive tests in other programs at the outset involved mostly asymptomatic players.

2 Likes

Love Tom P! And he is right, it is a good opportunity for the AAC to prove their worth.

A good approach would be to start collaborating more with the SEC, Big 12 and ACC on best practices to pull off football in COVID times. Share info, collaborate, promote a mentality among conferences for the good of college football versus for just the good of the conference, or for the good of any one university.

The one rip college football has been getting is the lack of collaboration and sharing of information across universities and conferences.

2 Likes

Right, all 6 of the cases that were disclosed were symptomatic. No telling how many asymptomatic cases there were.

uhlaw87 this is a great post but your headline imo should be
“The AAC is deserving of a Power5 conference says Tom Penders and Marlon Tom Brando”

Really these two have been in our corner for years.
You can be sure that both are going to be sent to the Reunion Island for the Mascarene Swiftlet watch championship.

Thank you for posting.

1 Like

It takes a little more depth than surface veneer beliefs to understand that Penders helped UH begin its nosedive in basketball while running his corrupt clown show at UT. It’s just a way of life for many.