Top Rated UH BB Recruits

To me, Thomas seemed to play pretty soft on the inside. But, I am a 6’0" center…

If House had stayed and listened to coach and worked hard he would have been a high draft pick. But if is a big word

We weren’t going to the show with just Thomas and House. Neither of whom fit the type of effort guys Sampson wants. Thomas was soft but I believe Sampson could have gotten somewhere with him. House was talented but liked to coast for long stretches at a time. He was have butted heads with coach and maybe not have been able to make it.
Now Joe Young with group and maybe. That assuming Joe would buy into the culture. To be honest I felt Joe had a little bit of entitlement but his offense did get really good at Oregon.

Neither House or Young were going to play defense. A no go from the get-go !

1 Like

You guys sound too salty. Tashawn was an absolute beast here. He averaged 2.7 blocks a game in his junior year as a 6’8" guy who wasn’t especially athletic.

After he transferred his numbers went down a little bit but he started every game and played 30 minutes a game on a team that got a 5 seed and made it to the Sweet 16.

Joe was far and away the best player and leader on Oregon teams that made the tourney and got to the round of 32 in his two years there.

Even House got to the tourney in his Senior year and made the sweet 16 as a starter.

1 Like

Agreed. Sampson would have been great for House if House had stuck around and fully bought in.